[SOLVED]Override preferences and always display bestsellers in descending order

Hi there, I was wondering how I could make the Bestseller page (once a customer has clicked on All Best sellers on the block on the homepage) always display products in descending order, regardless of what option I have selected in my Products preferences in the Back Office. They seem to display in descending order in the homepage block, but not on the subsequent page...

My Current Settings are:

Default Order: Position in Category
Ascending

I like to have my products display in Ascending order for general product display, but I think it makes more sense for the entire Bestseller list to display in Descending order, from the top seller down through to the bottom seller.

I have tried just ordering my products within the category list in reverse, but that only works if I have a finite number of products in a category. As soon as I add another, it would necessitate manually changing the order of everything again...

If I could make some sort of hard coded exception for the Bestseller list that would be great. Can anyone suggest how this might be achieved?

Perhaps something can be added to best-sales.php, best-sales.tpl or even product-sort.tpl? I notice at the top of product sort there is a line which I imagine determines the order the products should display on the Bestsellers page. Presumably this line tells the page to look at the Back Office preferences that are selected for Order By and Order Way and display accordingly?:

{if isset($orderby) AND isset($orderway)}

Perhaps in best-sales.tpl I can point it to a product-sort_best.tpl (a duplicate of product-sort.tpl) but which has been coded to display in descending order only...?

Can anyone help with the php expression to instruct the Bestseller page to display products in Descending order?