PayPal "Fatal Error" page for customer in China

benjamingojr

Hi Everyone!!!

Our website just got started this August and PayPal module 3.7.2 in PS1.6 has been running without a hitch as far as local orders are concerned (Philippines).

But recently a client in China let us know he placed an order twice and both times received a  "fatal error" page when checking out with PayPal.  He sent us the .jpg attached and told us that the order was indeed charged. We however at BO had the status at "Payment Error" and the following message:

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2014-09-20T04:40:29ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Still clueless after reading through the forums.  Thanks!

***UPDATE***

Hi, here's the solution from PayPal.  

Thanks for contacting us, my name is Kai from PayPal merchant technical support team. 

I have checked your API cal logs and noticed you are integrating PayPal's Express Checkout. You may refer to the below for its detals.

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/express-checkout/gs_expresscheckout/

In the DoExpressCheckoutPayment API, your shopping cart system does not send state info via variable PAYMENTREQUEST_n_SHIPTOSTATE , which is compulsory if the variable PAYMENTREQUEST_n_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE is set to "CN", so that error "10729 - Shipping Address State Empty" is returned. 

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/merchant/DoExpressCheckoutPayment_API_Operation_NVP/

So my suggestion is to ask your technician or your shopping cart provider, PrestaShop's supporting team, to help to fix the code to solve this problem.

post-826064-0-47620600-1411195445_thumb.jpg

Edited by benjamingojr (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Guys, the solution that PayPal provided you is not good enough. In fact, there is no any technical issue on Prestashop side, neither on PayPal side.

The problem you have now is that your chinese clients didn't set the State parameter in their shipping address.

You have to go to Localization / Localization (back-office), then select China in drop-down list, and check States check-box. Prestashop will import all states for China, your client just have to set the right State in Shipping address, then order & pay. That's all :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi experts

use: 1.7.3

I wonder the same question too, I had installed in localization, china, include state options

but final I STILL NOT see the state option show in the front store

any ideal why and how to configurate?

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 15.12.15.png