Display category in order summary and in mail alerts.

camereroloco

have you considered what should happen if a product is in more than 1 category?  just keep in mind that Prestashop does not track which category the customer purchased the product from.

So let's say your product exists in 2 categories and also in 'home' or 'root' category, then the best you can do is show the default category

have you considered what should happen if a product is in more than 1 category?  just keep in mind that Prestashop does not track which category the customer purchased the product from.

So let's say your product exists in 2 categories and also in 'home' or 'root' category, then the best you can do is show the default category

It would be enough for me to display the default category.

Any solution, please?

I believe the possible solution is

1) for the back office order summary, you would have to override the admin order controller and admin order template to display this information

2) for the email the merchant receives, this would require a customized mail alerts module

I would not consider this a trivial task that can be documented inside the scope of a forum post.  If you are looking to do this yourself, I would suggest making an attempt and asking questions when you hit a roadblock.

Otherwise if you are looking for a developer/freelancer to develop this for you, feel free to send me a PM, or move this to the Paid Jobs forum so you can receive other bids.  You can also contact Prestashop directly who can put you in touch with a freelance or agency.