Help needed, server optimize and locate memory leak sql issue or whatever is wrong with our server.

jimmyc

I have a  dedicated server with inmotion and i'm looking for someone competent with server management to help locate an issue that causes the server to crash. Some form of memory leak is suspected, as restarting sql keeps the server alive/prevents crashing.  The crashes are daily unless we restart sql regularly.

The server has about 5 prestashops, one word press one joomla and a phpprobid site that are currently active. If anyone can refer us to a competent dev to help resolve the issue that would be appreciated. Also any general advice would be appreciated. We have a few issues with ps in the latest incarnation, however it has come to our attention that server issues may be the contributing factor and need to eliminate them first. 

Thanks

Hosting package dedicated Inmotion Hosting     cPanel Version 11.44.1 (build 18) Theme x3 Apache version 2.2.22 PHP version 5.2.17 MySQL version 5.1.73-cll Architecture x86_64 Operating system linux     Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl Perl version 5.8.8 Kernel version 2.6.18-371.9.1.el5 cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)  

the problem has always existed on and off, However it was fairly intermittent and probably went unnoticed for a while as it probably rebooted and we didn't realise. Lately we began to notice it more often after moving the main domain to a new cpanel install as the main joomla website was removed and changed to a word press install. The heavy use sites are preadashops though. The exact cause of all issue is really a mystery though.

We had assumed that bad bots were crashing the server, however after blocking most bots we are still experiencing issues.

Our hosting provider has said it is many different things. So a consistent answer on the issue is difficult as they say to contact a dev to fix the issue.

The main thing we assumed to be the issue at first was after upgrading one presta site, memcache failed on one of the 1.5 prestashops. Previously memcache was running well on the server and it was also suggested by the hosting co that it might be that using a different caching system in the updated ps sites combined with the older presta sites running on memcache means the caching systems were not working well together.

When the server crashes quite often a table or 2 on 2 other (Non presta) sites break and have to be repaired (not every time though). Its gets messy. 

Hi.

Thank you for that information.

Please can you also answer the following:-

• What are server resources Disk space and RAM
  • Do you have the list given by your provider
  • What are the prestashops using i.e number of products and customers.
  • Any reason you have not upgraded all ps to 1.6
  • how did you do the upgrade and did you upgrade all of the modules as ps does not automatically do this.
  • Are you using any 3rd party modules.

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team

•  

Hi thanks for the assist so far.

Seems the issue is with the stats tables getting too large on the older ps causing slow queries i think. Still working on it ATM just have so much work atm so i have been held back.

Will update

the problem sites are about 300 products and 7000- 1600 customers each. so stats tables are growing too large i think.

I am working on figuring out how to disable and clear most stats tables without loosing monthly sales data and customers and orders etc.

We did not update to latest version as it is problematic for us with many paypal errors in 1.6 with paypal not returning the order back to the site so order pages are empty sometimes. Lately it is ok so prehaps something is happening on paypals end. Plus that upgrade is a bit effort for me time wise.  To be continued...