Jump to content

Problem with Geoip.inc


Recommended Posts

We are having a problem where customers get an HTTP 500 error and the home page fails to load. I turned on debugging and was able to get ahold of one customer who returned the following error:


"database is corrupt? in public_html/tools/geoip/geoip.inc on line 694"


Looking at the code indicates this is something related to the zone or country. We currently have limited shippping only to the United States.


Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.








Link to comment
Share on other sites

you should turn of native geo location.


you can upload a new geolitecity.data file from maxmind to tools/geoip


I do not recommend using native geo location service as geolitecity.dat file is only 85% accurate, the other 15% will not be able to shop.


if you need extended geo location we have module


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...