Solved - Google not indexing new site

Dahl99

Hi,

I'm new to PS, which I think is an excellent bit of software, but having problems with Google indexing the site I've created, www.funkyfashionjewellery.com

I have the latest version of PS so in theory all the modules are up to date and any bugs etc mentioned in earlier threads fixed.

When I search for the site in Google the site does not appear, even if I put in the full address, www.funkyfashionjewellery.com I've been to Google Analytics and been in to the webmaster tools but still no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards to all

Hi thanks for the reply. I wanted to add the meta name but not sure exactly where to put it. Well I do if I was building the site using Frontpage as I would just view the page code and cut/paste it in but the way Prestashop is created is all new to me. I've been looking in the Back Office/preferences/metatags but not sure if I enter it there or edit the index.php.

Thanks

you need to build some links to the site, or submit it manually. I recommend signing into Google Webmasters and registering your sitemap and verfying the site with Google's meta tag.

Just my two cents...
Google was indexing my site pretty well until I submitted a sitemap. Then, not only did my indexing stop - also my traffic died off almost completely - all my rankings tanked. No idea why.

My opinion is that Google can find your pages just fine without a sitemap as long as you have a logical structure to your site. I would build links to your top and sub level categories using social bookmarking etc. Also, on page links (in modules etc) to your lower level categories will help alot.