Major e-mail error - no mails at all!

Hi guys, (again)

my intention was to change some script in order to show tax as a separate line in the order confirmation mail.
I've been messing with different files and suddenly the shop didn't send anymore mails. No notifications, no confirmations, no password requests - nothing

I restored a backup of my entire shop (which worked when I took the backup) and checked the folders chmod settings, but it still doesn't send mails :-0

Help! somebody... anybody...

oh, I have been "making sure" for several hours before I even considered usage of my old backup. I also tried to restore a backup of the database, didn't help either.

I think I have to accept my faith for today is: no supper, no sex, no sleep - I'll start all over again from ground zero :'-(

Unfortunate as it might seem if there is no error message that could guide to the resolution of the problem - starting anew would be the best choice :(

Try to find some error logs if possible - php_errorlog under the script directory - if it is an issue with the script the errors should be recorded there.