Product customization/customisation

rossw14

Hi,
im looking for a mod that works with the prestashop 1.6 version.

Basically, i have a flower shop website and when a customer adds a product to the basket, when the popup appears to show that it has been added to the cart, i would like something on that popup where the customer has to write a card message to go with the order.

if thats too dificult then somewhere i need the customer to be able to add the product to the cart and then enter a card message to go with the flowers.

Is this possible? also how much do you think it would cost?

I look forward to hearing from you, i have also attached a photo of what i mean also.

Regards

Ross

post-563397-0-48345200-1410808478_thumb.jpg

Yes but the problem with that is then customers can't just add an item to the cart. They must click on customise first. It makes it look like the product is out of stock from the main page. Unless there's another way around it?

Yes but the problem with that is then customers can't just add an item to the cart. They must click on customise first. It makes it look like the product is out of stock from the main page. Unless there's another way around it?

Yes those two steps issue gets the customer confused. There is a module that solves this issue and adds extra customization fields

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/6638-advanced-customizations.html

"Moreover a customized product must be add to cart in two step: save the customization and then add product to the cart. This is very annoying and disturbing for customers, even more that customizations are not visible by default.

This module corrects it this by saving the customizations automatically before adding to cart. The customer therefore has only one step to buy a product.
"

But that doesn't solve the issue of having to add it to the cart straight away. Because it needs customising and it's compulsory. From the homepage the popular items are unable to be added straight away and look like they are out of stock. The only button that is available is the customise button.

I will give you a quote via Private message as soon as I can. And probably you will receive other freelance/agency Private messages with quotes too :) .

It would be great if you can clarify how you will manage this issue in backoffice.

I mean the condition in which the popup will be modified to force the user to fill this compulsory customization in Prestashop listings. So the easiest is that if the module/custom code detects that the product has one compulsory text input he does the job.

But you can also have other products with more than one compulsory text inputs (or file inputs) that will not be treated by the module.

It's very different a custom solution than a general purpose module which has to lead with every possible scenario

I understand that you only need this hack for one compulsory input text.

Edited by Enrique Gómez (see edit history)