Cron Task Manager NOT RUNNING

Hey,

So I've been installing Prestashop v1.6.0.9 and all configured and stuff...and it's been like a couple of days and none of my CRON JOBS from CRON TASK MANAGER haven't ran...it say

Last execution

Never

Any thought on that? Are there some special configs that Cron Task manager requires in order to work?

Thanks,

Ioan

In my experience, it's must setting up url properly. I use PS 1.6.0.9

My setting "cron task manager" with "Cron Mode" Basic

Example not work:

http://www.domain.com/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap-cron.php?token=598048cfe0&id_shop=1'>http://www.domain.com/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap-cron.php?token=598048cfe0&id_shop=1

Then i change url to

http://www.domain.com/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap-cron.php?token=598048cfe0

I try secheduled and Voila, it's work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And still ... If i manually access them, they work. Plus there is nothing I can set up. All are http://www.mydomain.com/modules/module_name/file.php?token=token_value

Any other idea?

Thanks,

Ioan

In my experience, it's must setting up url properly. I use PS 1.6.0.9

My setting "cron task manager" with "Cron Mode" Basic

Example not work:

http://www.domain.com/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap-cron.php?token=598048cfe0&id_shop=1'>http://www.domain.com/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap-cron.php?token=598048cfe0&id_shop=1

Then i change url to

http://www.domain.com/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap-cron.php?token=598048cfe0

I try secheduled and Voila, it's work

From my knowledge, I can't see how Cron Task Manager can execute cron tasks without being itself a cronjob ?
When I do a crontab -l on my hosting it says the cron job list is empty.

I'm pretty sure there's a cron file to be called in a setting like * * * * * but don't know which one.

I'll try to investigate and let you know.

Guys I am little confused here... 

Which Cron Job to use ?

1) Prestashop : Cron Task Manager 

OR

2) cPanel : Cron Jobs.

I Set cron job on 1). its never been executed.

Description

rebuild price index

Target link

http://mydomain.com/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-price-indexer.php?token=f183ed0722

Hour

Every hour

Day

Every day

Month

Every month

Day of week

Every day of the week

Last execution

Never

One shot

Checked

Active

Checked

I Set cron job on 2). I got an error

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: http://mydomain.com/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-price-indexer.php?token=f183ed0722: No such file or directory

Edited by Dabluesfreak (see edit history)

Prestashops Cron Task Manager....

Thanks for the quick response Greg.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest me how to use

cPanel's Cron Job in order to set up my Layered Block rebuild price index.

I tried to set as follows but no luck. 

0 0 * * * http://mydomain.com/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-price-indexer.php?token=f183ed0722

Your not going to believe this!

I have had a Cron job setup in the Prestahop Cron task Manager for weeks waiting for it to "trigger" and run and its never worked.

Just prior to replying to to your post I played around with it and saved it a few times and set it to run at a specific time...and it damn well worked!

I'll try to figure out what I did exactly to get the thing to work...

I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

Your not going to believe this!

I have had a Cron job setup in the Prestahop Cron task Manager for weeks waiting for it to "trigger" and run and its never worked.

Just prior to replying to to your post I played around with it and saved it a few times and set it to run at a specific time...and it damn well worked!

I'll try to figure out what I did exactly to get the thing to work...

I'll keep you posted.

Thank Greg & Much appreciated !!! Hope it will work for me as well ... Fingers crossed !

Ok,

I think I may have an idea of how to get the Prestashop Cron Task Manager working.

I think you need to do thing in the following order:

1. Create all of your Cron tasks

2. Click on the "Advance" radio button and then "Save" it.

3. Click on the "Basic" radio button and "Save" it.

I think it should now work.

Let me know how you go.

post-831791-0-77206200-1412055906_thumb.png

Edited by lateral (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Ok,

I think I may have an idea of how to get the Prestashop Cron Task Manager working.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks Greg it worked for me as well :)

:D  :D  :D

Not sure a simple switch from advanced to simple then advanced does the trick.

The only possibility for a Linux system to execute a scheduled job is to have it in its cron table.

If you've got a shell access on your server, simply type this command :

crontab -l

If it is empty then Cron Task Manager will never run.

You should add the prestashop cron task manager to the crontab, either doing it through your hosting panel or by shell using

crontab -e

Command and then by adding the line you'll see when clicking on the "advance mode" of the Prestashop Cron Task Manager.

Also to answer to a previous post, you cannot call an url from the shell. It must be invoked by CURL

The "Advanced" page gives you the exact right syntax to be copied/pasted to your crontable.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

Let me know how you go.

Works for me :)!

• 1 month later...

Ok,

Let me know how you go.

For me is not working (presta 1.6.09).

OKay but the right way to report a bug is, that you tell exactly (in short) how to reproduce issue. So maybe you can try to do that here, and we can help each other raffine that "reproduce bug" description. later i will be glad to make a bug report to the presteshop github repo. but it all starts with a little work that wee need to describe how to reproduce, or point out where in code the error is.

I agree with you. But more than its already been sed i dont know.

Here is mine procedure:

Fresh install presta 1.6.09 with default cron module installed. On shared hosting with php 5.4 where all other joomlas, wp, phpbb...are working ok.

Make 2 cron jobs with basic setings and wait to execute. Nothing hapens. Try laterals trick. Nothing hapens.

btw thanks for helping ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

I have 2 stores in ps version 1.6.09 and one I have 300 products and in the other 5000.

Both have cron jobs set up to run once a day to run gsitemap module. (I removed the &amp...in the url)

The first store creates the google sitemaps ok but the second (5000 products) don't!

In the cron "last execution" it appears to run the cron but no sitemaps are created in the second store.

So, this might lead to a clue??? Something with the php.ini sets? Or something else?

Any one have an idea????

One more thing....if I run the gsitemap URL manualy and it creates the files ok.

So any ideas???

Please help!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I'm using Presta 1.5.6 with cronjobs 1.2.4

I've created several tasks and not a single one is working. I have tried differents solutions found here but no success.

The tasks status always show "last execution" as "never" and I have nothing in my cron logs.

Did someone make it work on Presta 1.5?

Please help!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I have been mucking around with the Cron module for sometime and up until about 3 weeks ago all 4 of the tasks that I had were working perfectly.

I then noticed that they all had stopped working at the same time....I have a feeling that it was at the same time as I actioned an update of the Cron module via the Back Office.

As I didn't have time to look into it I decided to have my ISP setup the tasks via their Cron environment.

I decided to look back into the issue and discovered that the target link for 3 of the task somehow had extra "&amp" inserted into the link:

http://yourdomain.com/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap-cron.php?token=efferfbff56&amp&amp&amp&id_shop=1

Once I recreated the links, they all started working again!

I hope this may help.

Regards

Greg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the solution (1st saving advanced, 2nd saving basic) and it seems working, but it's not. I see a "last execution date", but the cron doesn't really have effect. I was trying to daily update product index for the search function, but the index, even if I see a relevant last execution date, isn't updated.

Hi Lateral, no there's no extra &amp. I was reading this sentence "Use the PrestaShop cron tasks webservice to execute your tasks." I wonder if the problem lies in this "webservice". Could it be that the module send the request but the webservice is not properly functioning (or not at all, as I'm thinking..)?

Edited by Pietro Mantovani (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi , I'm newbi in Presta and I Implemented own module which import xml and store products,categories,images in database   and it works.. but xml is to huge and it takes to long to download all images  and  I get error from my server because import takes more that 5 minutes.. so  I want to  run my module Import xml with cronjob instead  in Configure option  .  In Configure poption I plan just to upload xml to static folder .. then every two hour other part will  load xml from that folder and do the rest. 

In cron job I set up url http://matej.webfactional.com/admin135pnhwef/index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=bd9fdca12312fd32c6eaf994c03b0d13&configure=uploadxml&tab_module=others&module_name=uploadxml  

is that correct way .. 

I used  a lot crontab to run python scriptes,bash,perl but never php presta module  .. 

I'm waiting  but nothing happening .  it looks that it don't works 

Hi Pietro

For some reason all of my Cron Tasks that have bee running correctly for weeks have suddenly stopped working.

It seems to have stopped after I cleared the Smarty Cache manually and then set up a script and a Cron task to clear it automatically....

I have deleted all of the tasks and recreated them with the the Smarty Cache script to see if they start working again...

I'll keep you posted..

Regards

Greg

I've given up on the native Prestashop Cron module....I have installed the Samdha module and moved all of my cron tasks over to it and it seems to be working. If for some reason it stops working, I'll try easycon.com

Regards

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

HI , my prestashop version is 1.6.0.14 and I succeed make the cron job manager run yesterday.

I agree with what Cutmaster said : From my knowledge, I can't see how Cron Task Manager can execute cron tasks without being itself a cronjob ?

When I do a crontab -l on my hosting it says the cron job list is empty.

so I select advance mood in setting and got a tip as follow:

advancedmode.png

and then I login in my server (Centos ) to perform  crontab -l  ,found that there was not any cron job is runing. 

so ,according to the tips ,I use crontab -e to edit my crontab . It will enter a vi interface after this command executed. Press i at first what is insert command of vi ,

then ,input the url as what show in the advanced mode tips:

as in the text , 0 is minute, the four start means hour,day, month and dayofweek , and the text between  curl  "  and  " is cmd what you want to perform.

at last, press shift + :  turn into cmd mode of vi , input wq! to save and quit .

wait until  next hour begin ,you will fond your cron jobs in this module is runing .

but then I found another problem when I  add a new  cron job manually  , I want a cron job run  at  12:00  every sunday , but when I save the thread an error occur and I can't save anything. as follow:

weekend.png

PLS help me and tell me what wrong with it?

• 2 months later...

hi everyone,

if you're still using ps 1.5.x and cron task v1.3.2, you might want to try the previous version of cron task v1.2.2

i have same problem too, and i realize that cron task stop working from end of july 2015, so i check my backup files

and i found that i have a different version of module. (my backup files were v1.2.2)

so i try to uninstall the v1.3.2 and delete it, and install the v1.2.2, set the cron command, after a few moment, it works.

i don't know it is good or not, but now it works for me.

and i include the attachment cron task v1.2.2

please backup (files and sql database) before doing this method. in case something goes wrong, you have the backup files.

note: this tips is working too... if you notice the cron is not shows any sign, you can do this like "lateral" does:

Ok,

Let me know how you go.

by the way, if this method is not working for your prestashop, sorry i can't help much. i'm not a programmer. try with your own risk guys.

see ya.

cronjobs.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been doing a little research myself and here's what I've found.

The situation

Cronjob 1.3.2 has a variable $webservice_url which points to a public webservice at http://webcron.prestashop.com/crons.

When you use the cronjob module to add/modify a cron job, it will send your website's info (such protocol, URL, a "secret ID" etc) and cron data to that webservice.

The system behind that URL will visit your website at set intervals and will trigger the cron module.

In other words, your cron is being triggered by Prestashop's servers.

Based on what I found in the /cronjobs/controllers/front/callback.php file there is also some triggering happening when your website is being visited.

(Unless your theme has neither a left column, nor a right column registered.)

This means:

1. The cron module will not work on your localhost development environment.
    It can only work when your site is publicly accessible, including the directory.

2. If Prestashop's webservice is down or delayed, your cron's won't work.

3. Every time someone visits your website, a bit of extra code is executed which is completely unrelated to his visit.
    I personally find this disturbing. Speed is of major importance for user experience and "Google's site speed penalty"

Conclusion:

You have no control over the intervals (preciseness) at which your cron will be triggered, nor is it guaranteed that it will get triggered at all.

Your best bet is ALWAYS to have the cron module get triggered by your own crobjon and thus to use the Advanced mode in combination with a cron service that your hosting provider may provide (Most do so).

Cool fact for module developers:

If your module registers to the hook "actionCronJob" and it has a public method "getCronFrequency" then you can auto install cron tasks when your module is installed.

Although I don't think you can really trust the Prestashop webservice it's still a nice feature.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello boys,

Happy new year ;)

I can't understand where is problem, maybe some one fixed problems? CRON don't working on above hostings...

My details -

Prestashop Version - 1.6.1.3

On dedicated server i am using ubuntu + ispconf

On shared centos + directadmin.

Cron task manager on presta is v.1.3.2

Last use - nerver.

I wanna create automatically sitemap. So, adding link from gsitemap, every hour execute and nothing happening... On above servers.

Crontabs on server looks like working. Tryed add link directly to server crontabs but, don't working. Tried many users - nothing. Tried and another cron jobs (cache, navigation layers, search index) nothing.

Maybe i need turn on it on presta, or smth like this? Thank you for your time.

btw, when i opening this link on browser, nothing happens. Maybe this is problem? Thanks.

Am93HWh.png

How looks my manager -

AmsfH0H.png

Regards.

Edited by Jasinka (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Cron Jobs won't work when your shop is in maintenance mode. However, when you perform a ping on webcron.prestashop.com to get the IP adress and you add that ip address on the maintenance page as if it was your ip address, cron jobs will work even in maintenance mode.

• 1 month later...

I'm extremely frustrated that this module will not work.  I am not a coder, so all I can do is expect the software to work the way it is supposed to.  This has been a bug for so long, why has it not been fixed?  I even had my provider try to run it from his server.  He can MANUALLY run a job, but it WILL NOT run automatically - which is the whole point, isn't it?  Why would he be able to manually run the job(s) from his server, but the job not run automatically?  And when will this nasty bug be fixed?

Also, I've seen others ask what a ONE SHOT job is and receive no answer.  I have the same question as the extremely poor documentation for this module doesn't even mention it.

Using ver 1.6.1.3

Edited by peggy king (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi can I re-start the topic...?

I set up few cron tasks and first 2 works with no problem, the others don't...The strange thing is that 3 of them comes from the exact same module that generate feeds for google merchant and 1 works the other 2 don't, so I really don't know.

• 3 months later...

For me it's even weirder : i've two prestashop on the same server (not mutualized). On one the cron works perfectly. On the second, the most recent it doesn't work. It's in maintenance mode but even during some period of time where it was activate, nothing happens.

And in the list of the day to set the job happen, if i choose "thursday" it put "monday" after saving it… Every choice is shift of 4 days…

• 1 month later...

Been following this thread hoping for a solution. Tried the Basic to Adv Save method but none of my 4x CRONS have ever executed.

Annoying that this module relies on a third party web service.

Prestashop Developers keep letting the community down providing what we actually need. 

I'm sure there will be a $40USD solution released on the marketplace soon though .....

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone. For Cpanel cronjob the solution is very simple (as Marius05 suggested).

All you need to do is add "wget -O " before the command. Otherwise it won't work. When you use a browser to get to the url, your browser is sort of doing a wget, that's why you don't type it there. Cronjobs need the wget because they don't know what you are trying to acomplish with the file you are trying to execute.

So, a simple example would be...

wget -O http://www.yourdomain.com/modules/followup/cron.php?secure_key=whatevertoken >/dev/null 2>&1

-O is the uppercase letter, not a zero.

/dev/null 2>&1 is basically trashing the response from the execution. If you had setup an email address to receive the results, then you have to delete that part in order to get the actual email.

I'm not familiar with the cron task manager but it might need the same command.

Hope this helps.