problem: some back office changes not being applied

I'm trying to hide "tax excluded" from the front office.
I'm using the advice found on the forums to hide it using the translation front office function (under tools).
After making updates, most have no effect and on re-visiting the back office, the updates have been lost. I've tried changing permissions (though this has never been a problem before). Any ideas??

Really appreciated as I need to lose reference to tax in my store.

I've recently installed a new theme. Until the new theme was installed I had no problems but this is the only problem I'm having.

thanks
Andrwe

(if PS team are reading, you should definitely include a "none" option on showing tax as some countries don't usually show tax or for small businesses that don't need to pay tax)

• 3 months later...

Hello

Yes, I did get around it using the code someone else here posted on the forum to resolve the problem...

it’s problem with Suhosin module, which doesn’t allow to post enough variables in one form – In new file called php.ini you must write this two lines and put php.ini in yoursite/prestashop/admin directory(whatever you've called it):

suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048

This gets around the tax problem if that was part of your query:

Go to Tools > Translations, select “Front Office Translations”, click a flag, then find all “(tax excl.)”, “Tax exc.”, “tax excl.” and “-Tx” and enter re-enter them without the tax excluded part

For the ones that are blank after deleting the tax excluded part, put a space in the text field. Do the same for the “Modules translations”.

I can't take credit for either of these fixes, I found them both on the focum a while back.

thanks
Andrew