Featured products no longer show on home page

Version: 1.5.6.1

URL:  www.libertygearstore.com

I've been adding products and everything has been working just fine.  Until now.  Suddenly, the featured products no longer show on the home page.  Everything else is working just fine.

To rectify this I've tried the following:

cleared the Smary cache and the Autoload cache

reset the friendly URL to off and then back on

deleted the .htaccess file and recreated by doing the friendly URL reset again

reset the featured products module

uninstalled and reinstalled the featured products module

called our hosting company (Bluehost) and had them look everything over from their end.  They said they could see that Prestashop is calling the module.

I setup a new test folder and installed Prestashop there, with the same after-market theme.  It seems to work fine, there.  I don't want to have to rebuild the entire shop!  And, what if this happens again?  There must be something in the code that has broken and I need to know where to go to fix it, especially if it happens again.

Please help. 

Set in your defines.inc.php file the development mode to true (define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);)

Now there should appear some error message. If you don't see it also check the sourcecode of the page as the error message may appear somewhere where it isn't displayed.

As this is specific to the homepage I would suspect the homefeatured module. Are you sure it is switched on and hooked to the home page?

The module is installed and active.  Everything was working just fine until today.

You said to set 'true' the defines.inc.php.  I did so, but nothing has changed and no error messages.

I just found this message in the Advanced Parameters separator_breadcrumb.png Configuration Information separator_breadcrumb.png View area: 

AdminInformation.gif Check your configuration

Required parameters: Please fix the following error(s)

• Notice: Undefined index: files in /home/reelcafe/public_html/libertygearstore/cache/smarty/compile/43/32/e4/4332e48c5151ec5552ed168f0415cf9ed0f46782.file.view.tpl.php on line 260

But what do I do to fix the error?

And now I also found this in the same area but further down the page:

Missing files (5)
  • modules/blockreinsurance/img/reinsurance-2-1.jpg
  • modules/blockreinsurance/img/reinsurance-3-1.jpg
  • modules/blockreinsurance/img/reinsurance-4-1.jpg
  • modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.css
  • modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl
Edited by 3pinespro (see edit history)

The module is installed and active.  Everything was working just fine until today.

You said to set 'true' the defines.inc.php.  I did so, but nothing has changed and no error messages.

I just found this message in the Advanced Parameters separator_breadcrumb.png Configuration Information separator_breadcrumb.png View area: 

AdminInformation.gif Check your configuration

• Notice: Undefined index: files in /home/reelcafe/public_html/libertygearstore/cache/smarty/compile/43/32/e4/4332e48c5151ec5552ed168f0415cf9ed0f46782.file.view.tpl.php on line 260

But what do I do to fix the error?

And now I also found this in the same area but further down the page:

Missing files (5)
  • modules/blockreinsurance/img/reinsurance-2-1.jpg
  • modules/blockreinsurance/img/reinsurance-3-1.jpg
  • modules/blockreinsurance/img/reinsurance-4-1.jpg
  • modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.css
  • modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl

Those missing files are the main problem. Specially those files from the homefeatured module. homefeatured.tpl is the template of this module so it is not surprising that without it you have an empty homepage.

So I would suggest:

- check your file system that the files are indeed missing. 

- replace the files from a fresh installation

- clear the cache of your webshop. Now the shop should work again.

- try to find out how those files could go missing

I did as you suggested.  The files were inside another folder within that module.  I copied them into the place it wanted to find them but the featured products still didn't show.  I uninstalled the module, downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the module but still no change.

I completely deleted the module and installed a fresh copy.  The original was called Featured Products and now this one is called Home Featured Products.  Still no change and those files are again missing!  I found the file, 'homefeaturedproducts.css' in the css folder and the 'homefeaturedproducts.tpl' in the /views/templates/hook folder.  Apparently that's where they're supposed to be but Prestashop is looking for them in the root folder of the module!

I still have the undefined index error but I have no idea what to do about that.

not sure what you did with the "homefeaturedproducts" etc, but it should normally be called the 'homefeatured' module.

I added two zip files:

one called modules-homefeatured.zip. It contains the /modules/homefeatured folder with all its contents

one called themes-your_theme_folder-modules-homefeatured.zip. This one contains the /themes/<your theme folder>/modules/homefeatured folder and all its contents.

Try to unzip and upload these folders + contents to their places. (make sure that the folders have permission 755, the files 644.)

Then try again if the module is installed and hooked correctly.

Hope this helps,

pascalmodules-homefeatured.zip

themes-your_theme_folder-modules-homefeatured.zip

I did as you suggested but still no joy.

Still showing this error:

Optional parameters: OK