hsgear

I'm looking for a USA-based (yes, needs to be USA based as the server firewalls will reject you otherwise) developer/installer to square away my implementation. Here's what I need:

1. Pick a theme similar to some good ones in my industry. I'll buy it, you'll install it and set it up (category photos, add my logos, add the "About Us", etc... from my current site). We'll discuss the details (fonts, colors, layout tweaks, etc...) once you've been hired. No coding, canned.

2. Setup an XML import from one of my suppliers. I'll provide you the files and the FTP information to the XML site, you'll need to figure out which tool is best for the job. I'll buy the tool, you'll build the import, set the Cron job be automated daily, and get the product database populated. Includes inventory, category, products, combos in the XML files. The source server won't take non-US connections.

3. Setup an image import from the above supplier. They're on an FTP server that hosts all the images. You must connect to it from the US. I want the images moved from them to me. I want it automated for updates - the photos need to pair up with the products. Old photos = gone when the product is.

4. Tweak out the modules on the site - PayPal, shipping, etc... Make sure they work with the theme. Biggest one is the shipping - I want it to simply be base price (i.e., $8 for the first item) plus $0.50 per additional item. This should be built-in features.

5. Prep the site for migration - all I should have to do is point the DNS. This should be easy.

I already have the install on an InMotion server in development mode.

Again, USA only.

I'm looking for a USA-based (yes, needs to be USA based as the server firewalls will reject you otherwise) developer/installer to square away my implementation. Here's what I need:

1. Pick a theme similar to some good ones in my industry. I'll buy it, you'll install it and set it up (category photos, add my logos, add the "About Us", etc... from my current site). We'll discuss the details (fonts, colors, layout tweaks, etc...) once you've been hired. No coding, canned.

2. Setup an XML import from one of my suppliers. I'll provide you the files and the FTP information to the XML site, you'll need to figure out which tool is best for the job. I'll buy the tool, you'll build the import, set the Cron job be automated daily, and get the product database populated. Includes inventory, category, products, combos in the XML files. The source server won't take non-US connections.

3. Setup an image import from the above supplier. They're on an FTP server that hosts all the images. You must connect to it from the US. I want the images moved from them to me. I want it automated for updates - the photos need to pair up with the products. Old photos = gone when the product is.

4. Tweak out the modules on the site - PayPal, shipping, etc... Make sure they work with the theme. Biggest one is the shipping - I want it to simply be base price (i.e., $8 for the first item) plus $0.50 per additional item. This should be built-in features.

5. Prep the site for migration - all I should have to do is point the DNS. This should be easy.

I already have the install on an InMotion server in development mode.

Again, USA only.

We can help you.

Hi.

Surely you can set an allowed IP through your firewall? May get a bigger response if so.

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team

Robin - It's not my firewall. The owner of the source files rejects non-US IPs for fraud prevention (mostly eastern Europe and China). The developer would be hard pressed to do proper testing if they can't connect to the server...

I can only go by the reasoning given to me. China, Belarus, and Romania were called out by name as having historical problems with this backend vendor (hacking attempts, spam, etc...).

If you've got a US IP address you can test from, we can surely discuss it. Alternatively, if I can test and provide you with logs, we can discuss that as well. But I've had 3 non-US developers attempt to make FTP connections to that vendor, and all have failed.