Anyone Built A Clothes Store? I Really Need Some Help With Inputing Product Combinations

KeithP

Hi

I am currently building a PrestaShop for a company that sells dancewear. My problem is the volume of inputing that is required to add the product combinations, for example:

A pair of dance trousers available in 8 x colours, 6 x waist sizes and 3 x leg-lengths = 144 cominations

My Client has over 400 products, all with roughly a similar amount of combinations so we could be looking at entering over 50,000 different combinations! Considering it takes 2 minutes to enter each one, I'd have to work 24-hours a day for 2 months to enter all of theses combinations!

So, my question.

I know products, attributes, etc can be entered as a CSV file but there is no mention in the import section of the back office if/how you deal with product combinations.

This is potentially a huge problem for me so I am rather desperate to hear from anyone who has developed a clothes store and experienced a similar problem with combinations.

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Did you notice the attribute combination generator (it's in the same page as the Combinations)?

It automatically builds all the combinations for you, you still need to use it for each product, but it takes less than a minute to do, so it should make it more manageable.

You could write a tool that will automatically assign attributes to items, but that would probably take longer than actually entering them for 400 products.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 300 products with different sizes as I sell women's clothing.

Is there no way to update the stock levels via importing a csv or SQL query with the correct attributes in the correct fields?

If I use the product attributes generator, how do i enter different stock levels for different sizes? I tested it, I can enter various sizes, but the quantity stays the same, or am I doing it wrong?

e.g. Product 1 comes in Size 8, 10, 12 and 14. We usually get 2 of each size except size 14, where we only receive 1 item. How would I do this using the combination generator? Some items have adjustable sizes or are labeled S, M, L, XL. Can I just choose certain sizes from the attribute generator? I read somewhere else that if you use it, it adds ALL the sizes that I have entered, although most of the sizes are rarely used.

How about creating generic size and size range attributes, then use the generator for all the ones that come in quantities of two together and the ones that come in one by hand?

The generator will only add the sizes and quantities you tell it to, i.e. size - S, M, L, quantity - 2 colour - black, white etc...
then size XL, quantity 1, colour - black.

It might be a bit long-winded but at least you get it all done right =)

Ok, here's an example of what I did. I have a dress and it comes in size 8 (quantity 2), size 10(quantity 3) and size 12(quantity 4), for a total of 9 items in stock.

If I use the combination generator and add all 3 combinations, then enter the quantity to 2, it will set all the sizes to have quantity 2, for a combined total of 6 products.

If I enter the combinations individually and set size 8 to have quantity 2, then add size 10 to have quantity 3 and finally size 12 to have quantity 4, then the combined total products will be 12 instead of the desired 9.

Any faster/better way of doing this??

Cyberlolita's method is the fastest way... Took 2 days to do 300 products, please poke out my eyes with a rusty screwdriver.

How about creating generic size and size range attributes, then use the generator for all the ones that come in quantities of two together and the ones that come in one by hand?

The generator will only add the sizes and quantities you tell it to, i.e. size - S, M, L, quantity - 2 colour - black, white etc...
then size XL, quantity 1, colour - black.

It might be a bit long-winded but at least you get it all done right =)