Customizing Registration Forms

Hi Everyone,

I am building a site to be used in Korea and when I got to the registration form, noticed that it asks for required fields i will not be using, and throws up a "Hack attempt (Address -> city is empty)" message every time I put a city in to register.

I have been through the authenticate.tpl and the address.php and feel like i'm close by I am still missing something. How could I remove the validation from the City field and remove the Last Name field completely. Please please help me.

Misha

Hi mishamake,

I beleive if you go in /classes/Address.php on line 80 you should find what you are looking for. I wanted the phone number to be mandatory so I've added it to the list but if you remove 'city' from there I think it will do the trick for you.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi both

Have a question please as I would like to get last name field not mandatory in registration. I went to the /classes/Address.php to modify the required_field array and remove from there the lastname field, however still get an error if last name is empty in a new user registration.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks a lot in advance