• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all   I remake this module completely    http: //www.prestasho...-gift cards  So thank you for that has Pdriss module creator.    It is compatible 1.5 / 1.6 (tested on 1

Yes it's a mistake ( only on products images not on the customer email) replace the line 481 in giftcard.php by: $price = $this->l('Value') . ': ' . $value . ' '.Currency::getDefaultCurrency()-&g

Ok it's a particular case Only for you: you must modify the height ( 45 to 35) of the text in each block (3 code blocks) as this : // in function generateImage: imagettftext($imageView, 40, 0

Posted Images

Hi LouLou

Thanks for the quick reply... I now got it working  - just enabled email sending on the 2 order statuses, so it now creates voucher in cart rules and sends email of voucher.

One BIG issue though... I have 3 currencies - GB Pounds (Default currency), Euros and US Dollars.

When I manually create a cart rule this always defaults to GBP. When The Gift card Module is creating a cart rule voucher for say £5, It creates the card as £5, but the voucher is always created as 5 Euros!

It looks like the module is assuming default currency to be Euros and not pounds. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks for your help

Baz 

• 1 month later...

Hi LouLou,

Thank you so much for the module, it works perfectly.

I'm modifying the layout of the sent emails, but I don't seem to understand where does the $GiftCardConditions statement can be modified. Can you guide me in the right direction?

Kind regards and thaks again,

• 1 month later...

Hi Loulou,

First of all, Thank you for this great module.

Second, I have been testing this and I think I found a bug.

When a customer buy a gift card, and he only complete the email address of the friend, the gift card is sent to the customer, not to the friend. If the customer does not complete all the fields in the personalize your card, the email is wrongly sent.

Can you please help me to fix this? 

Hello

thanks for this repport @marinela

VERSION 3.2.8

- Fixed bug when sending a friend if other fields were not filled email was sent to the client. 

@++

Loulou66

Hi LouLou

Thanks for the quick reply... I now got it working  - just enabled email sending on the 2 order statuses, so it now creates voucher in cart rules and sends email of voucher.

One BIG issue though... I have 3 currencies - GB Pounds (Default currency), Euros and US Dollars.

When I manually create a cart rule this always defaults to GBP. When The Gift card Module is creating a cart rule voucher for say £5, It creates the card as £5, but the voucher is always created as 5 Euros!

It looks like the module is assuming default currency to be Euros and not pounds. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks for your help

Baz 

I'm having a similar issue. My entire shop is in USD. I obviously want the gift cards to be USD as well. For example, when a $10 gift card is purchased, it shows as $10 in the voucher/cart rules section. But when applying it to the shopping cart, it shows a value of $12.34! (I'm guessing this is a rate conversion of some sort back to Euro) How can this be fixed where the gift card is the true value assigned to it? I have no other currencies other than USD programmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

This new version that fixes the bug of the customizations and the sending of the email

If the email is not valid (name@domain.fr) the customer will receive an alert email and the gift card that he can transfer himself to his friend

If the card is personalized and the friend email is not filled the customer will receive the gift card

Following a request dated I removed the sign of the currency on the card and modify the prices when creatind of the card, email, pdf following the currency selected when ordering

If you created a card in euro 10 £ for example if you have configured the currency euro for france the card will cost the customer with a vat has 20% 13.90 € TTC and the voucher will be HT 11.58 €

VERSION 3.3.0

- Fixed the bug when creating the same card on two shop in multishop mode

- Fixed of the customization bug and sending of friend email if the fields were not filled for the personalized cards

- Deleting of the sign of the currency on the cards

- Fixed of the prices of the cards and voucher according to the currency selected when ordering

- Fixed of all translations field when creating cards

@++

Loulou66

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.0 and CardGift 3.3.0.

I have created several gift cards and placed test orders to check everything works OK, but email is not sent and no voucher created.

When trying to change "Order Status" to "Payment Accepted" I get an error mesage: "New order status is not valid".

In my Prestashop I also have the option to update order status to "Payment accepted", but when using it I just get a blank screen and nothing happens.

Could anybody help to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Manuel

Hi

i think you have the problem with the staut order validation but i don't know why 

search on google "prestashop New order status is not valid" and check if the name of status not contains spaces or specials caraters etc....

@++

Loulou66

Thanks for your response.

Your module is a great tool and you provide a friendly and accurate support, but unfortunately I cannot make it work, for any reason neither voucher is created or email is sent.

Will keep on investigating.

Thanks again for everything.

Regards,

Manuel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi loulou66,

Thanks for this great module! I was just wondering, is there a way to send again the gift cards to customer? And is it normal that the order is split in two when there are other products as well? A client did not receive an email for the order containing the other articles and when I marked the order with the gift cards as paid he did not receive the email with the gift cards because it is only sent when both are marked as paid (and since he did not receive the email to pay the second part, it was not marked as paid). 

Edited by bcarron (see edit history)

Hi

no its not normal to have 2 order when there are other products
If you have 2 orders you have 2 Id order then when you place the order in paid accepted for order with the card the mail must be sent

ative the error message and make a test ^^

you can find a copy of card in modules/giftcard/card folder with name :

for customized card
Order-'. $order->id.'-Product-'.$product['product_id'].'-Custom-'.$customizationId.'-'.$i.'.png'
or no customized card
Order-'.$order->id.'-Product-'.$product['product_id'].'.png

@++

Loulou66

Thank you for your quick reply! I don't know what happened, but it arrived to two different customers and the cards folder is empty. I am using an older version though: 3.2.5. How do I upgrade, should I completely remove the module before uploading the new one?

Hi

I think you can update the module manually by transferring the files of version 3.3.0 in your ftp by copying them over the old ones

Still do a test after transfer

@++

Loulou66

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 1.6.1.3 - the email is not going to the giftee's email id .

I changed the one line code to $productLink = Context::getContext()->link->getProductLink($id_product);

I changed the Payment status to 'Payment accepted'.

But, no email to the giftee's email id. The voucher gets generated and shows in the buyer's cart as a voucher to redeem - is the buyer buys the voucher for his account to purchase.

Is this a version problem? 

HI

the  modification it's ok and same cause $card_product->id = $id_product

can you activate the error message and tell if you have error after change the staus with new order

www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

@++

Loulou66

• 1 month later...

Hi loulou66,

I was wondering if it was possible that the giftcard generated could also work on shipping fees? Now, if someone has a 50$ gift card and pay a 40$+10$ shipping, they would have to pay 10$ for the order and then have 10$ left on the giftcard.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem with this module. (3.3.0)

All works ok, but the voucher are available for all customers at profile menu. Its a bug? maybe is a problem of my prestashop (1.6.1.11)?

regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Thank you for this module. I love it and it easy to use. 

I have just a small little problem to change the colours of the letters, they don't accept this?:)

What do I need to do for this please?

Thank you

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

check if the voucher is created in customers=>cart-rules
if not display the error messages
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/
and test again new order of gifcard
put the error message here when you accept the paiement of the order in Back Office

@++
Loulou66

• Like 1

HI

strange ^^ can you check in product page if the poduct card created by the module have price

and wich version of PS you use ?

@++

Loulou66

Version 1.6.1.2

I tested it a few times
But the problem remains
And coupons are not displayed in the shopping cart rules

first time 
   A coupon is created, but the desired amount is not activated
Pay attention to the picture
pepq_copen_thumb.jpg

second time
I created a gift card collection
Not displayed in cart rules

My problem
That's just that

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

Prestashop 1.6.1.4

Giftcard 3.3.0

I had been using 3.2.7 and really had no issues everything seemed ok, I then downloaded your 3.3.0 version and installed on my test site (copy of orig) and have one odd thing that I wonder if you can fix.

In the 3.2.7 version cards are created with a dollar amount shown in bottom right like this $20.00 in the 3.3.0 version it just says 20 is there something I can change to have it look the same and show a complete dollar amount.

In the configuration page it shows as $20.00 but everywhere else it just shows 20. (see images)

first 2 images are from 3.3.0 last image is from 3.2.7.

(I have not tested further at this point)

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Additionally I find that while everything seems to work on a test order, mails sent with code, The voucher created has no value I had to manually add an amount as it was set to none on the actions page, is this normal do I have to manually add the amount after a card is sold.

Hi
for display price with currency sign and two numbers after point on product image edit giftcard.php

at line 334

replace
//$card_price = Tools::displayPrice((float)$value, $currency, false, $this->context);
by
$value = Tools::displayPrice((float)$value, $currency, false, $this->context);

for the voucher with no amout is strange verify if the product card have price

@++

Loulou66

OK for the first part the code change did work for the products category and the front office products page but in the configuration page the cards show the wrong amount I had not noticed this but if you look at the first image from above post you will see this, first image below shows how it is now, just a number and incorrect.

While the config page is not a big deal would be nice if everything showed correctly.

As for the amount I checked the card in the amount section it shows an amount but did another test order with same result voucher created has no value see images.

The product page also has a price listed.

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

Hi all

VERSION 3.3.1

- Added the option "Display currency" to display/not display the sign of the currency (by default) on the image of the card
- Added the option "Display 2 décimals" to display/not display the price with 2 decimals on the map image
- Added the "Free shipping" option for the voucher that will be created

** if you use the "partial use" option with the "shipping free" option and if the order amount is less than the card amount, the coupon that will be recreated by Prestashop will no longer have the "shipping free" option. For those who want to always have this option consult this little tutorials ;)

http://www.loulou66.fr/tutos/freeShippingVoucher/documentation/index.html

@++

Loulou66

Hi loulou,

Thank you so much for the update of this awesome module.

It is possible in a future version to add an option in customer account, like a specific TAB where he can see / resend the purchased vouchers?

Best regards,

1 hour ago, loulou66 said:

Hi all

VERSION 3.3.1

- Added the option "Display currency" to display/not display the sign of the currency (by default) on the image of the card
- Added the option "Display 2 décimals" to display/not display the price with 2 decimals on the map image
- Added the "Free shipping" option for the voucher that will be created

** if you use the "partial use" option with the "shipping free" option and if the order amount is less than the card amount, the coupon that will be recreated by Prestashop will no longer have the "shipping free" option. For those who want to always have this option consult this little tutorials ;)

http://www.loulou66.fr/tutos/freeShippingVoucher/documentation/index.html

@++

Loulou66

Hi Loulou, Really thanks and much appreciate for the work you have done.

Is it possible that customer who uses this voucher covers shipping fees as well ( means shipping fee deducted from voucher value) . Please advise. Thanks.

Edited by jantasingh (see edit history)

1 hour ago, jantasingh said:

Same error as in v3.30 .

the gift card created cart rules have cart rules action tab value none. screenshot below. Pleas check.

giftcard1.png

This is the issue I was reporting and waiting for a fix LouLou please advice as to whether or not this will be addressed.

HI
thx @jantasingh and @tdr170 for repport
fix empty amout of voucher  download again the zip file (you can only extract the giftcard.php in your ftp to fix it, no need unistall/reinstall the module for this fix)

@++
Loulou66

7 hours ago, loulou66 said:

HI
fix empty amout of voucher  download again the zip file (you can only extract the giftcard.php in your ftp to fix it, no need unistall/reinstall the module for this fix)

@++
Loulou66

Not a problem was happy to lend a hand and now the module is working correctly, I tested myself and all is well Good Work LouLou

Image1.jpg

20 hours ago, loulou66 said:

HI

@++
Loulou66

Hi Loulou,

Thanks for the fix. its working now. Thanks alot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bonjour Loulou66,

un grand merci pour ce module super pratique et bien pensé !

2 questions pour vous :

- si l'un de nos clients s'est vu offrir plusieurs Cartes Cadeaux, peut-il les utiliser lors d'un seul et même achat ? Par exemple, s'il possède 3 bons cadeaux de 15 € offerts par 3 personnes différentes, peut-il entrer successivement les 3 codes et vont-ils se cumuler pour atteindre un total de 45 € de réduction ?

- J'ai vu que la question avait été posée mais je n'ai pas trouvé la réponse, les frais de port sont-ils inclus dans la réduction si le montant de la Carte Cadeau est suffisant (exemple : achats produits 20 € + 5 € de frais de port. Le client possède une carte de 50 €, les 5 € seront-ils déduits de la Carte ou devront-ils être payés par le client ?)

Merci d'avance et bonne soirée,

Valérie

****Oh, sorry, I posted in french. I thought the topic was in the french section. If I have to translate the text above, please let me know !***

Edited by Heroïc Cassolette (see edit history)

Coucou
il y a un post FR ici ^^
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/355855-giftcard-3/

pour répondre à vos questions

1°) je n'ai jamais tester mais je pense que l'on peut rentrer plusieurs bon de réduction lors de la commande

2°) la dernière version 3.3.1 contient l'option pour le frais de port si elle est activer les frais de port seront déduis du bon de réduction avant de réduire le montant HT ou TTC de la commande

@++

Loulou66

It's normal and it's not a problem.
The basket rules are cumulative unless you put exclusions.

Gift card = money, the customer can add them, they have already been paid ^^

• 1 month later...

Great work on this free module!

all seems to work pretty good, except that if we use the customized fields, multiple emails get sent to the customer and admin (one for each customization). So if you only put the first name in, you get 1 email but if you put First Name, last name, email and message in, you will receive 4  identical emails with the gift card upon accepted payment.

I had a quick look at the code and could see in file giftcard.php around line 1716:

for ($j = 0; $j < count($customization['datas'][1]); $j++)

I think that's where the issue comes from.

Can't quite figure how to solve this. any help please?

Hi

no count($customization['datas'][1]) is mumber of customized card in the order

then for each card 
$customization['datas'][1][0]['name'] = label firstname and $customization['datas'][1][0]['value'] = the value of firstname

$customization['datas'][1][1]['name'] = lastname and $customization['datas'][1][1]['value'] = the value of lastname

etc...

if you receive 4 email you have other problem check if you have some override or an other module who bug the send email

@++

Loulou66

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2018 at 3:08 AM, loulou66 said:

Hi

no count($customization['datas'][1]) is mumber of customized card in the order

then for each card 
$customization['datas'][1][0]['name'] = label firstname and $customization['datas'][1][0]['value'] = the value of firstname

$customization['datas'][1][1]['name'] = lastname and $customization['datas'][1][1]['value'] = the value of lastname

etc...

if you receive 4 email you have other problem check if you have some override or an other module who bug the send email

@++

Loulou66

I think the problem might be that we use the fork Thirtybees for this install. Have you tried your module with it?

on a fresh install of TB, your module works just fine, so must be another issue. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Smart-Web (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Lou Lou

Card and cart rule generation working fine on latest version.

Have an issue when voucher is redeemed however. I have several carriers set up default is standard mail - set to free on orders over £48, then next day chargeable at £6, next day by noon etc.

When redeeming a voucher for full amount of product, with shipping set to free, the defaul mail method does not dispaly, only the chargeable next day options - these are all set for free.

Any way to amend this?

• 1 month later...

I'm testing the module on Prestashop 1.6.1 but faced a big problem.

My shop is in JPY but I also have other currencies like EUR, USD, AUD, etc. that can be selected by the customer.
So I create a gift card with the value of 5.000 Yen (shop default currency). When the checkout is proceeded with JPY there is no Problem at all and the gift card will be issued with 5.000 Yen and the cart rule will be created with 5.000 Yen.
But if the customer checks out in EUR, for example, the gift card will be issued in EUR (displaying EUR 40,- instead of JPY 5.000) but the cart rule that is being created says 5.000 EURO!!!
Same happens with USD, CAD, etc...

Is there any way to fix that problem that the cart rules are created in the correct value of the currency or to force the giftcard module to issue all gift cards only in JPY.
Either way would be acceptable but the current situation is obviously not in my favour.

Hope someone has a clue how to fix it.

HI

VERSION 3.3.2

- Fix send email to a friend
- Fix price of the voucher in the right currency
- Adding emails and translations into German (DE) (thanks to @NSN)
- Verification of the code and adaptation to PSR4

For this update you can just replace the file giftcard.php to keep your already created cards.

@++

loulou66

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thank you for developing this module. 

Today i was testing almost all possible configuration. I have a problem with image generation. There is no value and cupon code on generated images on pdf, email, product miniature. I was trying to change colors. 

Untitled-1.png

• 9 months later...

Hello,

great work on this free module!
...But we have the same problem, friend does never receive emails. I tried everything but the email never get's sent to the email entered in the customiziable field.

I thought this was fixed.
Using PS 1.6.1.24 and GiftCard 3.3.2

You have made a fantastic module, if only this function would work as expected.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 11:46 PM, frita said:

Hi,

Thank you for developing this module. 

Today i was testing almost all possible configuration. I have a problem with image generation. There is no value and cupon code on generated images on pdf, email, product miniature. I was trying to change colors. 

Untitled-1.png

Hello, great work Loulou66 and thanks for the module!

I have same problem as frita, empty images in email and pdf, what can i try to get it work? PS version 1.6.0.9 and giftcard-V_3.3.2

On 11/5/2019 at 11:46 PM, frita said:

There is no value and cupon code on generated images on pdf, email, product miniature.

Found the reason, in my case the images of the module cards are less than necessary (1000 x 600 px), if increase them to the required size or use your own, then everything is ok

• 2 weeks later...

Hello loulou66,

I faced such a situation, if another product is purchased with a gift card and delivery is carried out by a courier, and payment is made in cash, then upon completion of the order we assign the status of such an order "Delivered", and in this case the letter with the gift card does not come. Please tell me if it is possible to add this status to your module as in the status "Payment accepted" and so that when it is assigned a letter with a gift card is sent?

Hello

yes you can add  a function with the hook "actionOrderStatusPostUpdate" that execute your code after the status of order changed

1°) uninstall the module
2°) edit modules/giftcard/giftcard.php
3°) in the install function 

ADD
!$this->registerHook('actionOrderStatusPostUpdate') ||
AFTER
!$this->registerHook('actionPaymentConfirmation') ||

4°) add this new function after public function hookActionPaymentConfirmation($params) {......}

public function hookActionOrderStatusPostUpdate($params)
    {
        $newStatus = $params['newOrderStatus'];
        $order = new Order((int)$params['id_order']);
        $delivred_status = XX; // XX = the ID of status  "Delivered"
        if ((int)$newStatus == (int)$delivred_status) {
            $this->createcard(
                $order->id_order,
                $order->id_cart,
                $order->id_customer,
                $order->id_currency
            );
        }
    }

5°) install the module

but Attention each time the same order change on "delivred" status that create a new voucher with new code and send to the customer verify the status "delivred" is changed only one time

@++

Loulou66 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello loulou66,

Thank you, i tried to do as you wrote

On 10/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, loulou66 said:

Hello

yes you can add  a function with the hook "actionOrderStatusPostUpdate" that execute your code after the status of order changed

, but the letter with the code does not come if I put the order status Delivered. I tried to enable email sending for this status, but nothing helped. What do you think i can check or try?

I also have another question, is it possible to remove the pdf file from the letter?

Edited by mskbro (see edit history)

Hello

For not send the pdf with email search  $pdf  and $file_attachement and comment the varible like this  //$file_attachement = ........ (they are in two different section)

for the status in the fuction are you sure the status id is good in the line

$delivred_status = XX; // XX = the ID of status "Delivered"

@++

Loulou66

• Like 1

Thanks for fast reply

3 minutes ago, loulou66 said:

for the status in the fuction are you sure the status id is good in the line

$delivred_status = XX; // XX = the ID of status "Delivered"

Yes, in my case id of Delivered status is 5, and this line looks like:

$delivred_status = 5; // XX = the ID of status  "Delivered"

Hello loulou66,

Thanks for the solution for remove pdf, it works fine. But i stuck with send coupon code on the status Delivered, i tryed some things, but apparently I cannot do without your help.

Loulou I want to congratulate you for this module, just downloaded it and will be using it in our little shop where we sell regional products made by female producers
https://chihuahualocal.mx

I do have a question, I´m trying to translate all the texts to spanish, and even though I´m using prestashop International - > translations for the installed module to spanish-mexico as shown in the screen capture, and ive translated the fields available, but in the page where its been used is not showing up translated... what should I do??

product-in-my-prestashop-not-showing-translated.png

translated-in-prestashop.png

where-am-going-to-translate.png

Hello

Now in 1.7 need to add a function for old translate system try this
in file gifcard.php at the end of file before the last } add

public function isUsingNewTranslationSystem()
    {
        return false;
    }

@++

Loulou66

à l’instant, loulou66 a dit :

Bonjour

Maintenant, dans la version 1.7, vous devez ajouter une fonction pour l'ancien système de traduction, essayez ceci
dans le fichier gifcard.php à la fin du fichier avant le dernier} add

public function isUsingNewTranslationSystem () {
		return false ;
	} 

@ ++

Loulou66

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I really like the module and so far I've managed to translate everything. My issue is that the gift content doesnt appear on the generated PDF, its just the text of the voucher and company info on footer and top right corner. 
Any clues what is wrong?
(using 1.7.6.5)

Edited by chrono
added version of ps (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I use prestashop 1.7.7.0 and I installed the module locally, it gives me an error when I update the payment status by bank transfer to "payment accepted", an info line appears that says "An unexpected error has occurred. [PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\Exception\LocalizationException code 0] and does not complete the order, it does so locally.

Hello

i think i ts a bug with 1.7.x.x with currency
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/997469-admin-cart-gives-error-500-when-trying-to-use-it/

activate the debug mode en test another order with change manually the stauts of the order for see the errors

@++
Loulou66

I have enabled debugging I have changed the status of the bank transfer manually and now it gives me this error [Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\ContextErrorException codice 0]: Notice: Trying to get property 'id' of non-object

After some tests, with prestashop 1.7.7.1, I managed to change the payment status by bank transfer, just create a new order status similar to the default payment status, I simply called it "payment done". But now it does not create the code and does not notify the recipient of the gift, while the notification to the merchant of payment takes place.

Hi, 

After reading the last post I noticed I have issues with payments as well.

I'm on 1.7.6.5, now I'm having issues with NEXI e-commerce payment: 

PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class HTMLTemplateCore, because the name is already in use in /home/ud73e0is/domains/chronobike.com/public_html/classes/pdf/HTMLTemplate.php on line 30\n'

I was wondering if the module somehow could be having some conflicts with it

Hello
@raicap
i think i found the problem the hook for create and send gift card in the OrderHistory class is executed only for "paiement accepted"(Configuration::get('PS_OS_PAYMENT')) or waitting paiement accepted (Configuration::get('PS_OS_WS_PAYMENT'))

i need to add the status option in configuration module for create and send card ^^

@chrono
you have another module that override the HTMLTemplate.php yet and that make a conflit

@++
Loulou66

no I have no other modules that override the template.php, but prestashop is a labyrinth if I don't try I can't understand

It was working up until december, not sure what module is overriding the template since I've only installed this one after.