Adding a custom product or Sundry item when creating an order

goody974

Hi All

Hoping someone can help here.

We are obviously aware that with prestashop we create items with attributes and features, you select the product when adding the order in the BO and then select the attributes.

However, we sometimes have customers that order a customised item from us.  We dont want to create a product for each customised item, so would very much like to have a product that is say, "Sundry", or "Parts", or "Service" where we select the product and the title for the product is then editable by the admin putting the order on.

This title then gets stored with the order as a customised product.

Is this possible?  From the sounds of things we would just need to make the title for the product editable when creating an order.  Is it this simple?

TIA

Tony

I don't know if I understand it correctly but

However, we sometimes have customers that order a customised item from us.  We dont want to create a product for each customised item

This is what the customization of products is for. You can create a field input in the backoffice for one particular product, the customer

will fill it and the order of the product will keep this customization.

Ah ok I see what you mean and that could work.

This was for something that I dont even want listed on the website TBH, just for people that phone in and place orders over the phone with various customised items, so what I could do is create a SUNDRY item which is not visible on the front page, with custom fields which can be filled in.  Problem with this is the invoice shows SUNDRY as the product description followed by the custom field below it.

Would have been a nicer solution to be able to edit the product title as I am sure we used to be able to.  I found the line to edit on the admin form to make the title an editable text box, problem is that edited value isnt stored in the database when you create the order.

Any ideas?