How To Query The Database After Payment Witih Smarty/TPL

steves

I know how to do the standard SQL query in PHP and echo out the results. 

$query = "SELECT * FROM 'ps_customer' WHERE 'id_customer' ='$WHERE_TO_PULL_FROM'";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
while ($row= mysql_fetch_array($result)){
$firstname = $row['firstname'];
$lastname = $row['lastname'];
$email = $row['email'];

echo out results here...

What I am looking to do is after an order has been placed/paid for, I want to query the database to pull the person's contact and  order information and save it to a file.

Problem I am having with Prestashop (using 1.6) is how do I add this kind of search query on a given page?  I have read several different places to add it to the pages controller file and to the /override/controllers/front folder. 

What should the function/script look like in the controller file and how do I go about echoing that data out? 

Thank you ahead of time for anyone able to help me solve what is becoming a major headache today...

I see on another post you said the actionValidateOrder does not pull the order# as it is done prior to the order# being generated/assigned.  Why could I not add sql query to say the thank you page that would pull my data instead of going through a building a custom module?

The Order is created prior to the actionValidateOrder hook being executed, so the order id is available to you.  The order is the second index in the array

// Hook validate order
Hook::exec('actionValidateOrder', array(
    'cart' => $this->context->cart,
    'order' => $order,
    'customer' => $this->context->customer,
    'currency' => $this->context->currency,
    'orderStatus' => $order_status
));

Perhaps you can provide a link to the topic you are referencing?

Adding SQL code to smarty, or php code in general to smarty templates is a bad design practice.  It is a display tier, not a processing tier.  A module is much more flexible and you won't have to worry about losing your changes when you install or upgrade the theme, or your store.