Help With Problem With Sub Categories Layout

malzena

Hello Everyone

I am having a real issue with the layout on the theme I am using with the subcategories layout. I have tried everything I could think of to correct it- but have run out of ideas. The weird thing is that it only occurs on certain categories and not on others- but it seems to happen more when I add more than 3 subcategories. However, it is happening on some of the categories after I just add 2 subcategories. I have contacted the developer of the theme to see if he has any ideas, but I did not get an answer. I attached a couple pics so you could see what I am talking about. The first pic is correct and the layout looks fine. The second pic is what I am running into and I can not correct. The sub category block goes off balance & I can not correct it. Any help would be very much appreciated-

Thanks- Malinda

post-628532-0-96560400-1409514207_thumb.jpg

post-628532-0-79364200-1409514235_thumb.jpg

post-628532-0-16462500-1409514430_thumb.jpg

How do you set up category name background color and text color? Are you doing it with some editor?

It looks to me that there are some leftovers from colors you changed.

You need to open source code in editor and delete everything.

Hope this make sense.

There's issue in your category description:

<p><p> <span style="color:#ffffff;">  <span style="font-family:georgia,...</p>

Every tag needs a closing tag. For example <span> needs to be closed with </span>

As you can see above in code from your site i posted before, you have 2 unclosed span tags.

That is breaking your page.

Hi Dioniz

I deleted the code and then saved- then went back in an added text again and the same thing. I also tried it without any text and it still isn't showing correctly. I did it with another category- I left up the page- look under the category "Vintage style make up bags"

https://jessicasuniquegiftshop.com/47-vintage-style-makeup-bags-compact-mirrors-wallets-smartphone-covers-and-more

Update - Dioniz was correct and it all had to do with the category descriptions. I deleted all and re-entered but then ran into the same issue again. So after some more research, I disabled the HTML purifier and then re-entered the descriptions again, but this time I just kept the default type style and it worked! The code did not break. I attached a link on one of my pages so you can see how it now looks

https://jessicasuniquegiftshop.com/60-animated-plush-that-sing-dance-and-play-guitar

Thank you all for your help- especially to Dioniz for pin pointing the problem :)

Malinda