[Solved] Subcategories not showing up on category page 1.6.0.9

So I've been having issues with my 1.6.0.8 install so I thought I would start over with a fresh install of 1.6.0.9. Everything has been going fine until today when I saw there weren't any subcategories showing on all the category pages. As you can see in the picture, there are subcategories in the Kit main category. They show up in the menu bars but if I click on Kits, the subs don't show up. Also when I click

on the Dunlop cateory (which has subs) they don't show up either. As you can see from the second picture, once I click on the CRYBABY GCB-95 WAH category, I do get products and the breadcrumbs are right. 

I checked and all the subcategories are showing they are in the main categories in the BO. 

Live site is: http://griffineffects.com/store1609/

post-346074-0-73303600-1409456007_thumb.jpg

post-346074-0-49870000-1409456023_thumb.jpg

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

Ok. So I figured out it was a module issue. I replaced the modules folder with one from a backup of the clean install and the subcategories are back. Not sure what module it was yet. There were a bazillion updates for modules that I applied so maybe I'll do them one at a time and see if any of them affected my subcategories and report back which one in case someone else runs into this issue.

• Like 1

shop is under maintenance mode

can you disable maintenance mode temporarily?

Certainly but I already got the subcategories back. Just trying to figure out what caused it at this point. I'm assuming it's one of the many module updates as I believe the subcategories were there before I applied them.

so, problem is definitely solved? :)

It seems fixed after replacing the Modules folder but I still haven't figured out what caused it. I'm slowly going through the module updates to see if one of them caused it as I think the subcategories were there before I updated them.

so, problem is definitely solved? :)

I figured out it was the Theme Configurator update. Version 1.1.0 works fine but when I update it the subcategories go away. If I disable the module after update, the subcategories reappear. Something is wrong with the update. At least with my install which is a fresh install of 1.6.0.9 which installed flawlessly as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

No need to disable the Theme Configurator module. Click the Configure button, then in the settings group, the last option is "display subcategories'. Set this option to "yes" and check the store.

Sorry for my english (google translate).

Is this a new feature in the updated version as I don't see it in my current version?

Hello,

No need to disable the Theme Configurator module. Click the Configure button, then in the settings group, the last option is "display subcategories'. Set this option to "yes" and check the store.

Sorry for my english (google translate).

You are absolutely right. Display Subcategories needed to be slid to the On position. This wasn't an option in the previous Theme Configurator. At least not on mine. Would be nice if there was some kind of documentation that showed module updates.

• Like 1

You are absolutely right. Display Subcategories needed to be slid to the On position. This wasn't an option in the previous Theme Configurator. At least not on mine. Would be nice if there was some kind of documentation that showed module updates.

Yes, this option was not included in the previous version of Theme Configurator module.

If everything is okay now, please mark this topic as solved.

• 3 months later...

this module is BUGGED!

On fresh install 1.6.0.9 work fine. But when i update, "diable sub-categories didnt works. In NO/YES allways is showing, this option is cracshed.

Anyways, another modules crashed too, Home Slide didint work too when i "autoupdate modules", in Home Slide, never saves changes in configuration pannel.

I wanto to HIDE subcategories on product list page, but i cant, cuz Themeconfiguration is so buggy after updated.

Fix this bugs, or i will not update the modules.

Update = Crash someting, speaking from a fresh install.

Hugs!

this module is BUGGED!

On fresh install 1.6.0.9 work fine. But when i update, "diable sub-categories didnt works. In NO/YES allways is showing, this option is cracshed.

Anyways, another modules crashed too, Home Slide didint work too when i "autoupdate modules", in Home Slide, never saves changes in configuration pannel.

I wanto to HIDE subcategories on product list page, but i cant, cuz Themeconfiguration is so buggy after updated.

Fix this bugs, or i will not update the modules.

Update = Crash someting, speaking from a fresh install.

Hugs!

Not sure I'd go so far as to say it's a bug unless multiple people are having this issue. I'm not saying they aren't though. You can always restore from you backup (assuming you made a backup).

You can get both of these modules from Github and replace them using FTP to see if that fixes your issues.

Not sure I'd go so far as to say it's a bug unless multiple people are having this issue. I'm not saying they aren't though. You can always restore from you backup (assuming you made a backup).

You can get both of these modules from Github and replace them using FTP to see if that fixes your issues.

Hi man!

I tryed but nothing happends, only when i reinstall another fresh prestashop works fine, and dont updating any module.

This s a problems for me, cuz another friends wants to make updates from modules, but you know... modules will crash for sure. I did like 4 times, and allways the same.

• 1 month later...