[SOLVED] Howto add a News box with scrollbar to front page?

Hi there,

Ye, I was a bit vague and non-descriptive. Sorry about that...

Ok, the Search Bots love ever changing content on your website. My business is constantly getting news/e-mail flyers, so I would like to copy that content and dump it in a "news" section on my front page (Please see attached pic)

Nothing fancy like active scripting etc.. Just a good old fashioned text box with scroll bar.

15094_tDBmeFcN7fXXZxWVAXDL_t

Lo there,

Well, you just need to be able to insert/edit HTML code in a specific location. Now if you go to your Back Office Admin and go to modules, look for the "Home Text Editor" module. Hit the "configure" button and let the WYSIWYG editor load up. Click a spot in the "Introductory Text" box and click the "html" button (please see attached pic "news.jpg").

Paste your html snippet and then edit it accordingly...

<title>scroll</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

</head>
<body>

text here! text here! text here! text here!text here! text here! text here! text here!text here! text here! text here! text here!

text here! text here! text here! text here!text here! text here! text here! text here!text here! text here! text here! text here!

</body>

Hit "Update" and then "Update Editor"

Your are all done... Just play with it to suit the width you want and font styes etc... This is basic simple and there is loads more you can do. Just google "html text boxes and effects" for example.

Please look at attached "news2.jpg" to see how it looks on my site.

Plus I made my own news header logo (news_logo.jpg) and have also attached it for use.

15354_SuwbKHqNownGr5G7syOQ_t

15355_05zSeFEyKgqFTSlxwoTs_t

15356_qDK3AsGWNyJa0802u0Q5_t

Now the other cool way to add "news" scroll bar boxes is to install the super excellent face stomping awesome mod called "SotEW's Adds v0.4" It's one of may fav modules as it lets you add text/html/swf/image files in a number of locations on your website. Install this module first (I have attached it here). Then open a text editor from your computer (Windows Notepad for example) and paste the following code:

<title>scroll</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

</head>
<body>

text here! text here! text here! text here!

</body>

Then save the file as news.html or whatever you want to call it, so long as you save it as an html file.

Next, hit the "configure" button of the "SotEW's Adds v0.4" module. and when you configure it, hit the "html file" button
and browse and upload the "news.html" file you just created.
If you tick the "Display in a block" setting, it will display the scrollbar text in a box to match the defualt look of presta but it will have a heading called "advertising".

If you want the box title to say "News", you need to edit the files called "sotewsaddsRight.tpl" etc for example and change the line:

{l s='Advertising' mod='sotewsadds'}

to

{l s='NEWS' mod='sotewsadds'}

Change the titles of the .tpl files as you need to.

Also, play around with the text boxes and html text. Sizes, widths etc. There is so much you can do with html to make it look awesome.

Attached is a screen shot of my test page with the news scroll box right ("news3.jpg") as well as a color and border edited html file that is in the footer location ("news4.jpg")

Have fun,

sotewsaddsV0.4.zip

15361_whGeABhzhyLoB9G4TnmP_t

15363_QLSMcePnRg6Gby8jvlZt_t

yeah definitively, there is just got one thing i couldn t sort out.. as i wanted to change the title "advertising" to "news" that worked allright in english with editing the file sotewsaddsLeft.tpl. but i couldn t find the way to give to the title a french translation even after editing the file fr.php.
could you help me please ? thanks a lot,