"Stict standard" for PaymentModule error after upgrading to 1.6

frogtaku

Hello,

I upgraded a store to 1.6 and the order page wasn't displaying anything. So I set "display_errors" to "on" in define.inc and so far I got this on the order page and in the modules pannel:

Strict standards: Declaration of PaymentModule::validateOrder() should be compatible with PaymentModuleCore::validateOrder($id_cart, $id_order_state, $amount_paid, $payment_method = 'Unknown', $message = NULL, $extra_vars = Array, $currency_special = NULL, $dont_touch_amount = false, $secure_key = false, Shop $shop = NULL) in C:\wamp\www\prestashop-prod\override\classes\PaymentModule.php on line 125

Here's where I am confused: there's no code on line 125, or rather, just the "}" that ends it. I thought it was one of those errors where you have to remove spaces at the end of the code (there was) but it didn't change anything.

Is the override a deprecated thing I can safely remove? On another 1.6 install I have, there's no such file.

only you can determine what the override is and where it came from.  A clean install of Prestashop will never have overrides, so it did not come packaged with it, and asking us to guess at the contents of the override or where it came from is quite silly.

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't 100% sure.

Is there a way to know what it is used for? The thing is it's not my own install and I am on my own for that matter (figuring what's "vanilla" or not), for some reason. I have been looking inside that file before asking here, in case there was a mention in comments for exemple, but there's no such thing.