[SOLVED] CSV Import Images

YOU LEGEND!!

You dont realise how many attempts I did to get it working. I read loads of forum posts and nothing!

The "../mydirectory/myimage.jpg" worked a treat!
If anyone is having problems with Image Url on their CSV import try that first!

Thank you so much!
Rep your way!

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding on this: I struggled the whole night last night to import images and I confirm that the above path worked for me at the end. For beginners like me, I confirm that you need the double dots with / and no quotation marks, ../imgimport/test1.jpg for example, imgimport being created just under the root of your domain name redirection and all necessary jpg in there

I tried so many combinations of URL that I got mad! This one also works by the way for 1&1;:
/homepages/12/d1234567/htdocs/yourPSdirectoryname/imgimport/test.jpg

Also, the case is important...after trying 20 times I relaised I had .JPG instead of .jpg...

I suggest trying with a small csv of 3-4 lines, using notepad++ and for each product ID try a different path if unsure...one will eventually work!
For each subsquent test, increment the ID so that you can see what changed.

Finally, I realised sharing a database with a magento install created issues and starting from scratch on a blank one helped.

Overall, first impression of PS is very good for me, nice and easy. Not as rich as Magento but probably as efficient and faster...and time is money!

Ah another Magento mover. I love Magento when it works, but it simply doesnt 99% of the time, and the CSV import takes FOREVER!! I couldnt believe how fast and simple Prestashop was in comparison. When I get the time my Magento shop is becoming a PS one for sure.

• Like 1

I tried on 1.2.5+wamp and it works.
In cvs file lines are following this pattern
ProductID;"../productImages/image.jpg";ProductName

312;"../productImages/table1.jpg";Kitchen table

When you select cvs file set drop-down to Products,and in this example
i choose columns ID,Image URLs (x,y,z...),Name

Hope that this helps :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I have tested but it doesn't work. Images are copied but not displayed.

Thay are copied in img dir like that :

0-10-home.jpg
0-10-large.jpg
0-10-medium.jpg
0-10-small.jpg
0-10-thickbox.jpg

This is the information I put in my CSV file

../images/vignette-produits-557.jpg

I just want image in my product listing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help

• 4 weeks later...
Ah another Magento mover. I love Magento when it works, but it simply doesnt 99% of the time, and the CSV import takes FOREVER!! I couldnt believe how fast and simple Prestashop was in comparison. When I get the time my Magento shop is becoming a PS one for sure.

And I am another one...I sold my clients on Magento and wasted a month and a half trying to get it to work. If PS would step up with great documentation, it would be a world-class product.

CSV image import is a case in point. How hard would it be to write documentation on how to import? Thanks to @jakcrabbit and @razaro for the solution...make sure you put quotes around your path: ".../imgupload/image.jpg". Straight quotes, not right and left quotes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi at all.

first, sorry about my english ;-)

my problem is, that there are no images shown at my shop, when i do the csv-import in presta. i have ca. 10.000 of extern picture-URLs to import, but not one is shown after importing the csv ... i only see the "grey questionmark". the rest of the imported datas are ok shown. only ZERO pictures!!!

i tried a lot but nothing helped ... :(

did i understand it correctly, that the AdminImport.php could change to the new directory bsp: /IMGtest ??? how must i do the changings?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I am using fresh install 1.2.5.
I was struggling with image import too and here are my most important observations as I see it in my case:

>> ..pick the right file in "select your .csv file" in Importation drop-down menu.

This can easily be over sighted. While testing, I uploaded csv files one after another after making corrections. I did not realize that the one which gets imported was the very first one as I failed to select from the dropdown. No wonder I was seeing same results every time, ouch, silly me! :)

I have also experimented with image urls encapsulated in ".." and without, it really doesn't matter as I found out.
There's no problem in using img folder either.

I was using full url path but I will try to see if relative path will work too..

BTW, I just migrated from osC and I wish I came across PS much earlier as it's so good! In contrast, getting things done in osC was so painful.

PS can be so much better too if the wiki get fully extended. There's so little docs inside there now..

• 3 months later...

Hello all;

First thanks for your informative messages. I am trying to work with .csv file novadays.
I have uploaded 1 csv file for trial. Not the best but at least it was uploaded.
Now i am trying to delete it but it fails. Does anyone knows how to delete it?
I want to delete that product and upload it again.

thx for your help
Regards :)

Hi,
I made a tool available on www.pataro.fr - You have 30 free runs during trial on which you can use (product or category) deletion.
Basically, you need just to read the products from the DB with the tool, keep the lines of products you want to delete on the exported Excel file, then import this modified Excel file.
Please, have a look.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

its easy, dont USE dir IMG, create your new dir in root of Prestashop etc imgimport and to this dir copy your images of imports products.

In csv file in URL column type:
../imgimport/nameofimage.jpg

Try it, i think, it help :)

When it doesnt work, use my AdminImport.php and replace it in Admin/tabs.

Thanks Jackrabbit. It helped me partially - there is no error message about images, when I import csv. But it does not copy images into /img/tmp/, /img/c or /img/p/ . Is the problem inside copyImg function?

• 4 months later...
Hi,

its easy, dont USE dir IMG, create your new dir in root of Prestashop etc imgimport and to this dir copy your images of imports products.

In csv file in URL column type:
../imgimport/nameofimage.jpg

Try it, i think, it help :)

When it doesnt work, use my AdminImport.php and replace it in Admin/tabs.

thanks it works!
I have a issue it doesn't import the decimal I tried with comma, with dot, change language of cell format, in way to select english number, nothing, it doesn't work.
Please any idea?

• 1 month later...

I cant seem to import anything?! I am using name, ID, wholesale price, Image URL and Categories but nothing is showing up?!

How do you enter the category info in a csv file?? At the moment I am just putting the category ID number....

• 5 months later...

I just spent hours struggling with the same problem, and I just figured out what I was doing wrong. There's some conflicting info in this thread. So I'll show what fixed my problems.

Absolute (full) address: very important you copy the exact address here. My store doesn't use "www." in it's address by default so my image addresses are http://mystore.com/... NOT http://www.mystore.com or mystore.com

Where you save your files: Some comments here indicate you should either save images in your /img folder or create a new folder and call it, for example, /imageuploads. Both work fine, just use the right name in the address for your image. For example, mine is called /imagedir, so continuing from my example above: http://mystore.com/imagedir/image.jpg

No spaces in image names: Remember these are URL addresses so even if you save an image named product 1.jpg and enter the link mystore.com/img/product 1 it won't work. Replace spaces with - or _ .

Image names are case sensitive: This absolutely killed me. I couldn't figure out why some images loaded and some didn't. Not only is Product.jpg different from product.jpg, so is Product.JPG! Copy your image names carefully and exactly.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi there, i know the following is probly very stupid to ask, but that being said i am very new to this and dont understand some of it, so if i could get some explanation that would be great. I uploaded my csv with my product information and everything, but images aren't laoded up, as i read in here i understand i need some kind of image dir? how can i make this i have all the pictures i need with the same name (exact) just dont know how to link the folder with images to the csv upload. can someone please help? my head is about to explode!! thank you.

• 9 months later...

hi guys I too am setting up my shop and having issues with setting up my images, i can upload them singulary through the back office but thought it would be easier by using a CSV file. Can anyone tell me how do i find out what the image URL should be. I am completely lost. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I am having same issues reusing uploading products via csv. The image URL never uploads! I have tried images located on my own server in a new directory. And also from an external website... No joy.

I have posted on so my topics about this with no luck or response!

Surely it cannot be hat hard to get the product image to upload along with the product data....?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried uploading jakcrabbit's AdminImport file to my public directory, under controllers, admin. I did not take out AdminImportController file that was already there though. I had replaced it for a fixed version already, and I had the original file saved along with it as AdminImportController file.

So do I need to get rid of the other two AdminImportController files to get the AdminImport file of yours to work? Is that the standard way of replacing code- take out the old file and don't leave it hanging around labeled as backup?

Not sure if I need to get rid of the old AdminImportController files to see if this AdminImport file will work. I tried the csv loader since adding Jakcrabbit's AdminImport file and product images still aren't working.

Was this the right procedure? Also, if I take out the old AdminImportController file, does that mean categories will stop working properly? I added a fixed version to correct that problem, and I don't want to replace the AdminImportController file with something that doesn't include the categories fix.

I had found the Github fix on the forge: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-6433?focusedCommentId=73265#comment-73265 but I can't work with real code. Hopefully these two fixes do the same thing. If someone can shed some light on any of this, I would be most appreciative!

Thank you.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...