Product very slow load and save times.

N02SRT

Hi all,

I am having an issue just with the back office, more specifically the product pages. It over 20 seconds to fully load the page... Then when I click save, the page freezes for about 55 seconds, then slowly starts to load the main product page. All other parts of the back office work great. I am running on 1.6.9 and have a dedicated server with the following specs:

8 Xeon Cores @ 3.6 GHz

32gb ddr3 ecc memory

2x 120gb ssd on hardware raid 1

Any help would be appreciated.

-Steve

to find reasons poor performance use the built in PrestaShop profiling

config/defines.inc.php

set this to true

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

visit slow pages, capture the information presented at the bottom.  then look through this information (typically highligted in red).

this is valuable information

set back to false when done as all visitors to all pages will see this.

Has there been a sudden or has it crawled on? 

Try disabling one module at a time to find out where it originated.

Even before we installed any modules this have been an issue. Even after a clean install. Once we load our products, we run into this issue. 

I'm wondering if it has to do with product features,we have a lot of those... We also have just over 80,000 products...

What I really need, is someone who can remove the special character auto deletion from emagicone's Prestashop Store Manager. That would fix eveything for me.

All of our products use the # symbol, and the store manager deletes it out of the title automatically, so we are stuck going back in to the back office, and manually adding them.

Edited by N02SRT (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi patron

I got solved link from this problem

And my problem is exactly same.

We have just replaced link rewrite code which was a bug in 1.6.0.8 in saving product. We replace this with the solved solution from github 1.6.0.9

Now we don't have link rewrite issue no issue in

Version 1.6.0.8

My product images don't get saved and takes lot of time infact it keeps loading for more than 5 min.

Do I have solution on this

yes solution is to turn on profiling, as suggested earlier in the thread.  if you can't follow advice's already given, so we don't have to start all over again, I suggest (more than one to you), to open a new topic.