[solved magic_quotes_gpc]\ added before ' on each save on PS 1.6.0.8

mehere

Hello,

hope not to duplicate questions but I searched through the forums and found nothing.

Each time I add a ' (apostrophe) in product description (short and long) and click on save, a minimum of 1 "\" is automatically added.

After a couple of save to make corrections in descriptions many \ make the final description barely not readable (so many \\\\\). See screenshot attached.

Also, can not use Bold for texts and few other things in the editor.

I disabled html purifier and tried also to enable/disable "allow iframes"...but the issue is still there.

Actually I recall this issue being there since 1.6.0.5

Does anyone know how to fix?

Cheers!

post-776088-0-75615200-1409167094_thumb.jpg

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Oh, what an honor!

I am a newbie but well know you El Patron and few others....thank you so much for replying!

As stated above "I disabled html purifier" unfortunately didn't work even if solved other issues few days ago (image display, few others)

Any other idea? :S

Oh, what an honor!

I am a newbie but well know you El Patron and few others....thank you so much for replying!

As stated above "I disabled html purifier" unfortunately didn't work even if solved other issues few days ago (image display, few others)

Any other idea? :S

oops...sorry I missed that you had tried this.

I have never seen this issue and I did a bit of searching.

are you in position to upgrade to latest version of PS?

Yes I am but a bit scared since I have few paid modules which crashed when I tried so I had to roll back to 1.6.0.8

But, the problem is there since the beginning and prior to purchasing any module...

I guess server/chars set/.... but have no clue where to look at...

EDIT: I also tried disabling, deleting caches...nothing worked

Edited by mehere (see edit history)

Yes I am but a bit scared since I have few paid modules which crashed when I tried so I had to roll back to 1.6.0.8

But, the problem is there since the beginning and prior to purchasing any module...

I guess server/chars set/.... but have no clue where to look at...

things that make you go crazy...it's that time of year. :)

without getting into the guts of the issue, i.e. hands on...well I could guess until the cows come home.

post this information from back office-->advanced-->configuration information.

tip: you can disabled non-ps modules and overrides and then retest to see if 3rd party module is causing this issue

08.28.2014-08.16.png

http://screencast.com/t/SbGSXAiB

Ok I will in few hours.

I would bet more on config (I only have magicquotes not enabled on my server but PS says it is optional so... (and after asking my hosting provider to enable it I experienced a whole week of "black out"....) than on 3rd party addons since I remember this problem before purchasing anything....

Muchas gracias El Patron!

Ok I will in few hours.

I would bet more on config (I only have magicquotes not enabled on my server but PS says it is optional so... (and after asking my hosting provider to enable it I experienced a whole week of "black out"....) than on 3rd party addons since I remember this problem before purchasing anything....

Muchas gracias El Patron!

con mucho gusto!  if I can not help directly we can hold hands until resolved. :)

Hmmmm El Patron, thank you very much for that plugin....

It says:

magic_quotes_gpc On On magic_quotes_runtime Off Off magic_quotes_sybase Off

Off

But in Ps under Advanced->Cfg info I have

Check your configuration

Required parameters Please fix the following error(s)

Optional parameters Please fix the following error(s)

• magicquotes

What's your opinion?

Cheers!

Good afternoon,

Reading all, maybe there's some help for me.. I have some problems with adding images in the CMS .

I can upload the images, but when saved the're gone. Just a small block and no image.

When uploading we see %5C  ...no idea..

Going to the admin of the CMS  delivery and click on inspecting element we get in console:

http://www.metoyou.be/admin1969/%5C

Failed
to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not
Found)

Any idea how to solve this please?

And now another problem... I've installed PayPal, just like 2 other shops in 1.6.08. The other 2 give the images, but the last one does'n't..any idea where I can search for this problem?

Working on: www.metoyou.be and www.davishorloges.nl  not showing images at www.arti-teq.nl

please open a new topic, this post is not about paypal...thanks.

topic locked