Move the search box

CharlotteV

Hello, I need to move the search box to another place in the site and I was thinking about two options:

a. Center it to fill the space between the logo and where it is now

b. Move it inside the top menu between New Arrivals and the Shopping Cart

Would be this possible? The url is www.maracuyes.com and here you have a screenshot in order to check it up. Thanks a million for your help!

post-828392-0-50933300-1409127759_thumb.jpg

Your searchbox is connected to the categories selection box. I would recommend you to find a developper who would do this things for you (if you do not know html/css/php/js) - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/235-job-offers/

But if you want to have the whole block centered in the middle and you don't care, that categories will be there as well, try this.

In the .tpl file which shows the search box, try changing the class from

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4 col-sm-5 col-xs-12 pull-right">

to this

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4 col-sm-5 col-xs-12 search_top">

and add this css code to some .css file of yours.

.search_top {
float: none;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Your searchbox is connected to the categories selection box. I would recommend you to find a developper who would do this things for you (if you do not know html/css/php/js) - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/235-job-offers/

But if you want to have the whole block centered in the middle and you don't care, that categories will be there as well, try this.

In the .tpl file which shows the search box, try changing the class from

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4 col-sm-5 col-xs-12 pull-right">

to this

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4 col-sm-5 col-xs-12 search_top">

and add this css code to some .css file of yours.

.search_top {
float: none;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Yes I should hire this job to someone experienced but I want to learn and I have no rush finishing the shop since is a hobby of mine so maybe someday I'd be here helping another people and remembering the days when I didn't knew anything hehehehe. Could you specify which tpl and css will be responsible of the search box behaviour? Thanks for your replies here and in my other topics, you are being helpful

Yes I should hire this job to someone experienced but I want to learn and I have no rush finishing the shop since is a hobby of mine so maybe someday I'd be here helping another people and remembering the days when I didn't knew anything hehehehe. Could you specify which tpl and css will be responsible of the search box behaviour? Thanks for your replies here and in my other topics, you are being helpful

Unfortunately I can not tell you what .tpl file to edit..I don't know the structure of your theme...

That's why I said hiring someone for these jobs would be probably best for all of us :)

I'd say it could be in themes/YourTheme/Modules/blocksearch/blocksearch.tpl, but it could be a completely different one..

• Like 1

Unfortunately I can not tell you what .tpl file to edit..I don't know the structure of your theme...

That's why I said hiring someone for these jobs would be probably best for all of us :)

I'd say it could be in themes/YourTheme/Modules/blocksearch/blocksearch.tpl, but it could be a completely different one..

My theme is based on the default bootstrap so the core files of prestashop are the same. I found the tpl file exactly in the location you told me so I'll investigate it and try to change the position with the info you has given me. Thanks!! =)