vekia

[free module] Featured Products - display featured products from selected category

Featured products from selected category

this free prestashop module allows to display products from selected category on your homepage.

Addon allows to display these products as a "homepage tabs" - near new arrivals, popular, specials tabs and also as a block with selected category

featured-categories-homepage-free-module

block display method

3-homepage-featured-products.png

homepage tab display method

4-homepage-tabs-prestashop.png

trusted-addon.png

Thanks Vekia great module;

I'm trying to use it, but I have a doubt.
It is possible to position it before featured products of the home page, because I try to see it before that module, and not me.

(Google Translate)

Hello Vekia  

Thanks for another great prestashop module. I have installed it on my website but there is something I would like to do. I want the title of the module to display FEATURED PRODUCTS FROM XYZ CATEGORY instead of just having Featured Products. So that any category I selected will have its name to replace XYZ.

This is because I already have the default Featured Products on my homepage.

Thank you once again for this free contribution.  :)

Hello Vekia  

Thanks for another great prestashop module. I have installed it on my website but there is something I would like to do. I want the title of the module to display FEATURED PRODUCTS FROM XYZ CATEGORY instead of just having Featured Products. So that any category I selected will have its name to replace XYZ.

This is because I already have the default Featured Products on my homepage.

Thank you once again for this free contribution.  :)

you can just translate it under localization > translations > installed modules translations

Hi Vekia,

I actually thought of that. But I plan to change the category every week or few days and it means I will have to do translation every time I change the category.

I am thinking perhaps there can be a better way where it will be done automatically.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm just thinking out loud - what is the difference between this module and Prestashop's Featured Products Module? is it just a way to add a new tab to the homepage?

What are the advantages for a store owner in this?

Hello

With this module you can add any category you wish on the home page, all you need to do is add a category ID in the configuration page

Paul

yes, i know that, but this is also the case in prestashop's module Featured Products which adds the "Popular" tab on the homepage.

In the meantime i created a none visible category and associated some products there, just wondering what's the difference..

Thank you for this module!!! you saved my life :D

two things, if you can help me...

¿how can i erase the divider? (image attach01)

¿how can i increase the size of the prize?

i have tried in featuredcategory.css, here, and i couldn´t:

#featured-products_block_center .price {
    font-weight:bold;
    font-size:20px;
    color:#990000

Thank you!!

post-987473-0-92481600-1429182747_thumb.jpg

Hi, great module thank you.

I see that this module uses the "order" of the products as is set by default in the BO, but i have a problem, i hope hat you can help me.

I have set the order of products: "order as in the position in category" and descendent. So in the categories it shows form ID10 as first item and ID1 as last item...... That ok, that´s what i need, the last or "new" items show before.

But in tab of the featured category no matter what configutation is set, it alwats show the item ID1 firts and the item ID10 at last, so the "new" products show at last of the grid, in this case, i'm using this module for category "pro-order" so it's not a good idea to left the new pre-order items at last.

I really hope tht you can help me to figure how to change the order of the products in the module.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Vekia.

Well, i can manage the problem with the order by adding a 'DESC' to the php file.

But now i see that if a product is added to the featured category, it's not updated, i have to erase cache manually to the new product to appear in the grid that this module displays.

I hope that you can help me.

Thank you.

Salut Vekia,

Merci pour ton module, génial et super facile a utiliser.

Cependant, j'ai un souci.

Quand je le greffe sur displayhometab comme prévu, rien ne s'affiche. J'ai essayé de greffer sur diyplayhometab et displayhometabcontent, pareil.

Pourrais tu regarder un coup pour me dépanner? Merci

http://sensualitytude.com

Hi Vekia ,

Thank you for your module easy awesome and great to use.
However, I have a concern.

When I graft on displayhometab as expected, nothing is displayed . I tried to graft onto diyplayhometab and displayhometabcontent , same.

Could you look at once to help me ? thank you

http://sensualitytude.com

sorry, my english is no good !

do you use recent version?

try on your own - it is possible to use it on addons marketplace without any kind of HACK!

upload it to your modules directory and it will work, you will be able to install it.

module is approved (technical validation) but not visible (marketing validation)

!!!!!

do you use recent version?

try on your own - it is possible to use it on addons marketplace without any kind of HACK!

upload it to your modules directory and it will work, you will be able to install it.

module is approved (technical validation) but not visible (marketing validation)

!!!!!

Hi,

i click on your link in the first post like everybody.

i put the folder in my Prestashop cloud installation.

I click on install and i see the not approaved module like i post in my previous message.

why you always trying to blame others here? :(

Sorry if i tell something don't really accepted by you but it's only the truth !

just download the new version, it is validated :-) (with module key approved by ps team)

sry

now im going to replace library with other topics too. 

thank you for your attention :-)

if you will upload free addon, they will validate it - it takes very looong time - but they do it (only technical validation, marketing validation is still pending)

at the moment, free modules from contributors arent visible on official marketplace (only partner modules are visible)

but in fact - addons are validated.

okay

i changed each free "featured category" addon post, i attached correct library everywhere

i totally undestand your confusion with the badge "TRUSTED ADDON"
now it's okay

im doing the same with all other free stuff that i've got

but it takes forever ;) 

Is there a chance that I can duplicate this module and use it for more category blocks on my home page?. I tried duplicating the files and changing "featuredcategory" to "featuredcategory1" in all the codes. I managed to install the copy i made but when i change the category ID on the copy it also changes on original module, so i end up having 2 blocks on my homepage showing the same products.

Hola,

Un módulo muy fácil de utilizar,

alguien podría decir como y donde se puede modificar el titulo de FEATURED PRODUCT que queda en el centro de la página por SERVICIOS DESTACADOS.

He mirado con traducción de contenidos y no funciona,

Gracias 

post-864307-0-41229500-1440822036_thumb.jpg

1) go to localization > translations

2) select "installed modules translations"

3) select your language "Spanish"

4) go

5) search for module / text you want to change

6) change it

7) save changes

and that's all :-)

Hola,

Un módulo muy fácil de utilizar,

alguien podría decir como y donde se puede modificar el titulo de FEATURED PRODUCT que queda en el centro de la página por SERVICIOS DESTACADOS.

He mirado con traducción de contenidos y no funciona,

Gracias 

1) go to localization > translations

2) select "installed modules translations"

3) select your language "Spanish"

4) go

5) search for module / text you want to change

6) change it

7) save changes

and that's all :-)

Gracias por tu rapida 

Gracias por tu rápida respuesta, ya he realizado lo que me dices pero al guardar siempre me da error 404, no se si no coloco bien el cambio de palabras en el sitio acertado. Adjunto imagen

post-864307-0-16808100-1442125011_thumb.png

homepage tab display method - buton featured product button does not work

http://www.medicerbios.ro/ presta shop 1.6.1.1

Me too, not working on prestashop 1.6.1.1, when click the tab nothing happen, when i change hook show on home page is no problem. This issue is on tab view, Vekia please fix this, this module is very usefull Edited by hendridjan

Me too, not working on prestashop 1.6.1.1, when click the tab nothing happen, when i change hook show on home page is no problem. This issue is on tab view, Vekia please fix this, this module is very usefull

Me too, same problem ! help vekia please. when click the tab nothing happen.

Buenos días,

He instalado este modulo (muy bueno), pero me encuentro con el problema de que aunque me crea la pestaña (mando archivo), el enlace con la categoría no funciona, es decir, cuando voy a la pestaña no hace nada.

He desintalado e instalado el modulo, pero no me enlaza con la categoría que he puesto,

me puedes ayudar?

Mi enlace es http://www.procli.es

post-864307-0-70329700-1446448729_thumb.png

Edited by francisco67

Buenos días,

He instalado este modulo (muy bueno), pero me encuentro con el problema de que aunque me crea la pestaña (mando archivo), el enlace con la categoría no funciona, es decir, cuando voy a la pestaña no hace nada.

He desintalado e instalado el modulo, pero no me enlaza con la categoría que he puesto,

me puedes ayudar?

Mi enlace es http://www.procli.es

Reemplaza del archivo tab.tpl 

la línea              <li><a data-toggle="tab" class="featuredcategory" href="#categoryfeatured">{l s='Featured Products' mod='featuredcategory'}</a></li>

por la siguiente <li><a data-toggle="tab" class="featuredcategory" href="#featuredcategory">{l s='Featured Products' mod='featuredcategory'}</a></li>

Does not show any products as tab on home page.

Note: Prestashop cloud v1.6.1.3

hello,

case needs inspection,

can you share url to your website please?