[SOLVED] Allow only one coupon code

yay

Is there any quick way to restrict customers from using more than one coupon code?

I know about the "Compatibility with other cart rules" in the Conditions tab but that's really not a great option when dealing with hundreds of coupons. Quite time consuming to add a new coupon and then have to go through all the old ones and remove the new coupon from the compatibility setting.

Could this for example be restricted in the checkout template or in some other neat way? 

Using v. 1.5.6.

Edited by yay (see edit history)

you can do it with phpmyadmin database manager

in sql query tool run this query:

UPDATE ps_cart_rule SET cart_rule_restriction = 1

Thanks for the quick reply. This however doesn't seem to help, I can still combine coupons. And this would have to be done every time a new coupon is added right? 

Maybe not the best solution but you could make a module to hookshoppingCart and check how many cart rules the cart has, and remove all but one.

The you may need to reload the page to see the modification.

We have something similar to offer a gift choice to first time customers.

Seems you also have to remove the (new) cart rules that are written in ps_cart_rule_combination

WARNING! Hacking your database can currupt it. Always backup before trying anything like SQL modifications/deletions!!

DELETE FROM `ps_cart_rule_combination` WHERE `ps_cart_rule_combination`.`id_cart_rule_2` = 3"

Where 3 is the new cart rule you added (change accordingly)

or, when you dont want any cart rule mixed with any other, just remove them all here.

DELETE FROM `ps_cart_rule_combination`

BUT!!! Make sure you DO set the restriction to 1 (otherwise it ignores any restriction)

(N.B. You could make a trigger, if you want to to automate this...)

Hope this helps,

pascal.

Edited by PascalVG
Added warning (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This works for me, but has anyone created a trigger for this? I'm not familiar with that but would like to run those queries that Prestashop Fanatic detailed above at any time a coupon code is created. I can do a daily cron job but it's best to do it right away on a trigger instead.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, TurkeyFish said:

This works for me, but has anyone created a trigger for this? I'm not familiar with that but would like to run those queries that Prestashop Fanatic detailed above at any time a coupon code is created. I can do a daily cron job but it's best to do it right away on a trigger instead.

Would also like to know how to set up a trigger for this solution. Tried and failed haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/22/2014 at 11:30 AM, vekia said:

you can do it with phpmyadmin database manager

in sql query tool run this query:

Hi Vekia

You are a life saver. Thankyou verymuch. works perfectly

• 8 months later...