[SOLVED] Max products in prestashop

CharlotteV

sure prestashop can handle that amount of products

there is no limitations,

database limitation is: 2147483647 (integer field)

so at the moment your store can hadle 2147483647 products :P hope that is enough hehe

of course a lot of other things (related to performance) depends on your hosting account

• Like 1

sure prestashop can handle that amount of products

there is no limitations,

database limitation is: 2147483647 (integer field)

so at the moment your store can hadle 2147483647 products :P hope that is enough hehe

of course a lot of other things (related to performance) depends on your hosting account

Wow! I don't think me myself can handle that amount of products hehehehe so Prestashop exceeds my expectations. Thanks a lot Vekia!

Ooh perfect, thanks for your answer. With how many categories you started having problems? Do you recomend some hosting in special? Regards

hmm, i do not remember it exactly, but i believe it was 5000? The loadtime on a quality VPS with 4gb mem and two owned cpu cores was not enough..  

• Like 1

Also bear your hosting in mind (as Vekia says), not just from a bandwidth point of view, but also how you can backup your database/files, which will be critical if you have that many products. Also some hosts limit their database size, and also the size of SQL imports. For example on one site I have with about 300 products the database sits at around 100mb out of 1000mb allocated, if you had 30,000 products and reasonable traffic your database could be 10,000MB (10gb).

• Like 1

Wow, this is info was really usefull, I'll contact the support center of my server to ask some of those parameters and decide whether my host is a good one and capable of support my database or not and I have to change. Thanks a lot for all of your replies!