Import database from 1.5.6. to new 1.6.0.9 installation

dmstore

Hi,

I want to move from 1.5.6.2 to 1.6.0.9. Prestashop version. I want a new installation of Prestashop and then import the previous database. There are only 180 products. My website is on A2 Hosting server. Can you give me the real cost and time needed to work with my site ?

Thanks

Fabio

• 3 weeks later...

I did a clean install on a new server and wanted to copy the appropriate tables from the old DB to the new with the thought that I would migrate my products, categories, combinations, etc.  I have the same version 1.6.0.9 on the old and new server. The old one was a new installation that I was setting up.

I'm thinking I should stay away from access and any configuration tables.  Then I was thinking I would export the entire old db and edit out what I don't want imported to the new db (will it overwrite the old data?) or should I use sql query vs sql import or just do each table separately?

Or.. just category, product, attribute, alias???  I don't need supplier or manufacturer info and there are no orders or customers. CMS was simple so I'm doing it manually as is the cart layout.

Thoughts???