cheers

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

famoso

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 Active Posts

Hi

Got a question, the module works great but I want to align it right next to the my account in the footer section.  How can I do this.  Im using defult theme.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

17dm

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 Active Posts

Hi 17dm,
how are you searching for it?
cheers

From the 'module' menu item, then click on 'all' modules.

Thanks.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

17dm, could you please check if you have the module on the modules folder?
[public root]/modules/[module name]
if the folder is there, could you please confirm if you have any module with this icon: http://screencast.com/t/wj5dC1TU

thanks 

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

Hi

Got a question, the module works great but I want to align it right next to the my account in the footer section.  How can I do this.  Im using defult theme.

Hi famoso,
for that you need to reorder the modules on the footer. Place your contenBox module after or before the module: "My account block for your website's footer"

cheers

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

17dm

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 Active Posts

17dm, could you please check if you have the module on the modules folder?
[public root]/modules/[module name]
if the folder is there, could you please confirm if you have any module with this icon: http://screencast.com/t/wj5dC1TU

thanks 

Hi, yes the folder is definitely there in the correct place, but there is no module with that icon in my list of modules, most odd.

Thanks.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

famoso

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 Active Posts

Hi famoso,
for that you need to reorder the modules on the footer. Place your contenBox module after or before the module: "My account block for your website's footer"

cheers

Im sorry, how exactly do I do this Please.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:23 AM

ecommdev

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 Active Posts

HI,

Very interesting module. Before I dive into generating a html module and uploading into prestashop, can you please answer a few questions? I realize the module is free but hopefully the answers will help the community in the process and spread the use of the module.

1) Can the module be used in the hook, DisplayHomeTab, I would like to place the module of a video below the popular products, Here is diagram of our template, http://roythemes.com/layout-modez/

2) With the module being free, are you planning a paid version & does it support prestashop 1.6.0.9 with multistore enabled?

3) is the module responsive? Meaning, I enter the html code and the module can handle the responsive resize with Tablets, iphones, etc?

Let me know.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

Hi, yes the folder is definitely there in the correct place, but there is no module with that icon in my list of modules, most odd.

Thanks.

hi 17dm, 
can you confirm the folder permissions on that folder? and did you upgrade your installation or is it a fresh install? Thank you.
That behavior is really strange :/ I don't have any idea on what could be causing that :/

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

Im sorry, how exactly do I do this Please.

Hi famoso, that is kinda of basic prestashop question :) you need to read some manuals/tutorials ;)
But here it is how you can do it:
http://doc.prestasho...dulewithinahook

cheers

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

1) Can the module be used in the hook, DisplayHomeTab,

2) With the module being free, are you planning a paid version & does it support prestashop 1.6.0.9 with multistore enabled?

3) is the module responsive? Meaning, I enter the html code and the module can handle the responsive resize with Tablets, iphones, etc?

Let me know.

hi ecommdev, 

1) You can use it in all the hooks that you have on your template. contentBox has a smart script that allows you to hook it on all the existing hooks of a template.
2) contentBox should support all the 1.6 versions. Concerning the multistore: I have tested it when the PS v1.6 was released and it worked perfectly.
Concerning the paid version: I not considering it for now. Maybe later on next year I will create a new payed version with some cool features. [BTW: donations are welcomed O:) ]
3) with contentBox you can "inject" your html directly (and seamless) to your page. This means that contentBox doesn't add any wrapper or container around your html allowing you to add responsive html to your page.

let me know if you need any more info.
cheers

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:33 AM

ecommdev

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 Active Posts

I created two ContentBox html modules (video module, content module), hooked them BOTH to DisplayHomeTab below the featured products, & neither of them are showing on the home page. I tested and they show fine in the footer when hooked to the footer. Does it need to be hooked to additional location to show below the featured products?

UPDATE:

The modules also needed to be hooked to the DisplayHomeTabContent, once they were also hooked, all  working as described. Checkout the module by ContentBox

Edited by ecommdev, 15 December 2014 - 07:38 AM.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

I created two ContentBox html modules (video module, content module), hooked them BOTH to DisplayHomeTab below the featured products, & neither of them are showing on the home page. I tested and they show fine in the footer when hooked to the footer. Does it need to be hooked to additional location to show below the featured products?

UPDATE:

The modules also needed to be hooked to the DisplayHomeTabContent, once they were also hooked, all  working as described. Checkout the module by ContentBox

ecommdev sorry for the delay replying to your message (I'm having lots of work at the office). Glad to ear that everything is ok :)
cheers

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

ecommdev

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 Active Posts

I have having issues with the Contentbox and perhaps I don't have the correct settings within the module and its causing the issue.

Issue. Installed ContentBox module, added coding, displays fine on home page using Chrome, however using IE or even different versions of Chrome receive error message within the ContentBox on home page.

Backoffice Screenshots of ContentBox configuration.

Additional Details.

I ran the website home page through different browser testing sites and many versions did NOT even show the content only module using ContentBox on the home page below the video. Basically any ContentBox module no matter the content was not displayed in the tests.

Any ideas to fix this issue?

Let me know.

Edited by ecommdev, 23 December 2014 - 10:10 AM.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

Backoffice Screenshots of ContentBox configuration.

Hi again Ecommdev,
a) your print screens are inconsistent. The WYSIWYG should not be present if the text editor is set to "No"
http://screencast.com/t/O1ipggtaDi

if you are seeing the text editor with that means that you have serious issues with your prestashop store configuration or it means that your cache system is not working correctly. On any case, please confirm that you have this issue on your site.

B) the error screen is shouting issues with the server provider (I/O error). But to be sure could you please check the source code for the pages that have errors and compare it with the pages that don't have errors. This way we will be sure where the error is.

[by the way] I haven't used everyscape for a long long time but I think you should be using the JS api instead of inserting the embed object on the page: http://api.everyscap...ingStarted.aspx

c) about contentBox not showing: contentBox has more than 1000 downloads per week, from all over the world and with user with very different web dev knowledge. So if it was an contentBox issue I would probably would know about it by now. So we can rule that out correct? So the most common issues that provoke that kind of behavior are:
- template issues (please contact the template dev to solve them);
- incorrect hooks (please contact the template dev and ask for the complete hook list for the page);
- incorrect order of the modules in the hook (please test changing the contentBox module to the top of the list) http://screencast.com/t/BrfUBA6WHIfA
- complex cache configurations (in this case just clear the cache and it will work)
Please test this solutions and let me know how it went.

cheers

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

ecommdev

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 Active Posts

Thank you for getting back with me so quickly and providing such great insight and advice. 

1) The text editor had not been saved to NO prior to adding the coding.

2) The everyscape coding API was incorrect for some browsers, I updated the API code.

3) After more review, it appears the main reason the ContentBox wasn't showing in many of the browser tests  because they turn off javascript, flash, etc during the tests which caused the ContentBoxes to not appear on the home page.

Solved. After completing 1, 2, 3 and now the video is showing correctly without the IO error or any other type of error.

Question, Do you provide any other type of custom modules, consulting services/works OR anything else related to Prestashop?

I would be interested in learning more. Thank you for your assistance.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

Solved. 

I just love that word :)
Glad I could help.

About your questions: yes I do some custom modules for some clients (mostly contentBox based) and I also do e-commerce consulting @mindSeo [seo, dev and server optimization] + emotionLoop work. Usually I don't have a lot of free time but I'm able to take some quick jobs over the weekends :)  You can contact me though the chat here on the forum and we can talk about it :)
cheers

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

ecommdev

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 Active Posts

Question, I understand the ContentBox can be assigned to any hook which has been extremely helpful. Is there any method with ContentBox to assign to specific categories or product pages. 

Example, would like to include a video & additional content/graphics toward the bottom of the specific category page only (mens clothing), I have yet to find a solution since the hooks are defined by all categories, footer, etc. 

Any thoughts or ideas?

Let me know.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

Pro-Design Hungary Kft.

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Active Posts

Hello!

May I change the width and hight of the module box?
How can I do it?

Thanks

Gabor

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

migcostapt

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 Active Posts

...assign to specific categories or product pages. 

Hi ecommdev, sorry the delay on my reply, for some reason I didn't noticed your message :/

well you can do that by doing some changes to the module source code.
Do you have any coding knowledge?

cheers 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to use our cookies.     Learn more