Spamming the forum

Hello all

I know this has been asked before but is anything being done to alleviate the amount of spam these forums are getting.

Already, this morning, I have had over 50 spam emails arrive in my email box.

I appretiate that I follow a few of the English forums, to learn and occassionally reply to a topic so my inbox may be busier than others.

Of course the easiest thing to do is mark these emails as spam but 24 hours after I do this then all forum emails go to my spam box.

Again, I appreciate, that because of this forums great popularity in answering/helping members it has become a breeding ground for spammers.

The forum has many moderators in the English forum, who are able to, and do, delete spam but their seems to be a time difference problem.

I am UK based and, because of this, in between Italy, Poland and the America's where the majority of forum moderators reside.

Perhaps it would be good to have a French, the home of Prestashop, moderator to take up the loophole in the time difference.

I have seen a lot of topics by UK shop owners so perhaps they will agree with me, or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Anyway, I would as always, appreciate your views/ opinions/thoughts

Paul

• Like 1

Hello dh42

And thank you for the reply

their is no personal spamming but it is so annoying if you follow any forum/s that you get inundated with spam

Perhaps because I follow seveval English forums I may receive more spam than others.

I am sure at one time their were spam moderators, I assume these have left the forum because I am getting, and others all these emails.

Of course, if you think I am the only one suffering from these emails then I would appreciate your help.

Anyway, I believe this us a global problem with Prestashop and any other popular forum.

The reason I posted this topic was to inform and share the fact the Prestashop forum has too many spammers and, although their may not be a quick fix, the possibility of having a moderator in the UK time zone may capture these spammers.

This is why I suggested France as a good place for a UK

spam detective.

Hope this makes sense

Paul

Hello

Worst time for me is, as anywhere else, the early hours of the morning when normal people are asleep.

I know this is a difficult one to crack but, you would think, with the all the clever people on the forum their would be some way to minimise this problem.

I am not clever enough to offer a solution but, perhaps, some other members may have an idea.

If I am allowed I will report my daily spammers on this thread so everyone knows how big a nuisance this is.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again

This morning I have received 472 (and rising) Spam forum emails, is anyone near to a solution to stop this happening, i have already changed my forum email address so they are not filling up my normal account.

It is becoming a real pain deleting them all

Pail

Hello again

It certainly seems that these spammers are not appearing on the forums.

So Prestashop must have put in place some sort of "anti spamming" code/software, how I do not know but,

I am still receiving spam in my in box.

If I click on a spam message I get a "you don't have permission to" etc etc

I assume I am not alone at receiving this spam, followers of forums and moderators must be receiving these emails/notifications as I do.

If you are not receiving these spam emails could you please let me know.

Any help is always appreciated

Paul

This week I've been doing all-nighters to get my web site up, so I've been frequenting the forums when most people here in the U.S. are asleep. It is while people on my side of the world are normally asleep that I have notice SEVERAL threads started by spammers show up on the forums. Is there a way to mark the spam threads as spam? I wanted to do that, but I didn't know how. Or is this only something that can be done by moderators?

If there is a way I can mark threads as spam, let me know.

This week I've been doing all-nighters to get my web site up, so I've been frequenting the forums when most people here in the U.S. are asleep. It is while people on my side of the world are normally asleep that I have notice SEVERAL threads started by spammers show up on the forums. Is there a way to mark the spam threads as spam? I wanted to do that, but I didn't know how. Or is this only something that can be done by moderators?

If there is a way I can mark threads as spam, let me know.

at the bottom left of posts, is a 'Report' link.  thanks for helping.

note: ps forum managment tells us a new forum (or upgrade) is coming and should help with spam.  fingers crossed as we spend a lot of time doing it manually.

• Like 1

Thanks El Patron! Aha, I see the "Report" link. It was right in front of me all this time!  :D

So glad to hear there is something in the works to resolve this problem. In the meantime, I'll be doing what I can to help if I see any spam. I really value being a part of this forum.

• Like 2