Loading Categories in the eBay module

SteveMBS40

Hi 
I hope someone can help me. I have Prestashop 1.5.6.1 and have installed the ebay module. All seems to have installed fine except the section titled "Categories and Pricing". I have sync categories with my Prestashop but instead of listing all the information in the bottom section it just hangs. I have left it for a couple of hours thinking maybe there is a lot of data to process but nothing seems to happen. 

Can anyone help?

I have attached a screenshot if that helps.Screenshot.pdf

Thanks, Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm using PS 1.6.0.8 and am having the exact same issue. I have tried following advice from two other posts and have done the following:

Changed the permissions on the \modules\ebay directory and everything in it to 775

Have changed the ebay.php file from

if (isset ($ configs ['EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED']) |! |! $ configs ['EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED']) 
                         {
                                    EbayRequest $ ebay = new (); 
                                    EbayCategory :: insertCategories ($ ebay-> GetCategories (), $ ebay-> getCategoriesSkuCompliancy ()); 
                                    $ this-> setConfiguration ('EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED', 1); 
                                    $ this-> setConfiguration ('EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED_DATE', date ('Ymd H: i: s')); 
                         } 
  to 

/ / If (isset ($ configs ['EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED']) |! |! $ Configs ['EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED']) 
                         / / {
                                    EbayRequest $ ebay = new (); 
                                    EbayCategory :: insertCategories ($ ebay-> GetCategories (), $ ebay-> getCategoriesSkuCompliancy ()); 
                                    $ this-> setConfiguration ('EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED', 1); 
                                    $ this-> setConfiguration ('EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED_DATE', date ('Ymd H: i: s')); 
                         / /

We are so close to going live so any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

sorry, have not been here for a while. I never got this working and gave up on it. The developers did contact me after a month or so asking if they could have my FTP details, but I'd given up at this point also didn't fancy giving access to them.

So... if you send them a contact, they will eventually get back to you... but I can't say if they would have been able to resolve it.

Joe 

The developers never seem to get back to you and if they do they only seem to ask for FTP access which I cannot give them. The problem I'm having is that the categories load but I can't select sub categories. So everything I try to upload is rejected because it is in the incorrect 'leaf'. Seems like this means the incorrect sub cat.

There doesn't seem to be any paid for alternative that has the same functionality either. I was going to buy prestashop manager with the ebay plugin but then found out that orders on ebay won't be sent back to prestashop which is a fairly big requirement with regards to generating invoices / delivery notes etc.

Think I might just upload all the products separately on ebay. At least that way I only need to do it once and can re-list it as many times as I want. A real shame because this module used to be great.

EDIT: also the fix wont work on the latest version because the code is now fundamentally different. Also the 'fix' only seems to add three sets of //. As far as I'm aware // just tells the browser to not read this line of information (used for notes etc). I only get a syntax error if I try apply the older code in place. Version: 1.8.1

Edited by 365 Lighting (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had similar problems with this just today, tried to re-input all my information again and again to try and get it working but no luck. I then realised...my site was in maintenance mode. Turned that off, logged back in and "hey prestashop"...the module loaded up all the categories fine.

Might help someone out there.