[MODULE] Google Sitemap (fix for multiple languages, images and CMS pages)

This module fixes V1.4 (that comes with prestashop) which was incorrectly creating URLs in the sitemap.

This problem was only happening when prestashop was installed on the home directory (/)

Before fix: http://www.presto-changeo.com/lang-fr//www.presto-changeo.com/5-modules

After fix: http://www.presto-changeo.com/lang-fr/5-modules

You can get it free from my site http://www.presto-changeo.com/

V 1.6 was just released, it fixes the broken images problem (using the thickbox version)

V 1.7 was just released, it fixes another bug that caused empty image entries for products without images.

V 1.7.1 was just released, it was fixes a problem where CMS pages were added to the sitemap ONLY if they were included in the Info Block module

14808_u9hjIZjrmtx7pX0wZ1zi_t

14809_C3lf14Jq1Qi8qEF6LkJT_t

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried ordering and downloading but got a error message and then something about maximum downloads...
Could you maybe attach the module here, or send it via PM to me?
Thanks,

/Mats

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,
Thank you for your module !

I installed it, but the URLs picture in sitemap.xml are false, bringing to a page 404.
Does there exist a modification or how not to include this URL in the sitemap?

Thank you !

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In my post i was asking if it was still relevant. If it works was not the question.
Maybe i should rephrase the question:
Does the google sitemap module that comes with 1.3.1.1 work correctly for mult language, images and CMS pages ???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Does this still apply with version 1.3.2.3 ?

I ask because we have lots of errors like this in Webmaster tools but if I look at the sitemap.xml it looks OK.

- Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This module seems to work fine for me until I modify some setting to accommodate URL friendly Thai language. The error looks like this

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: /home/domain.com/public_html/modules/gsitemap/../../sitemap.xml:3: parser error : Premature end of data in tag url line 3 in /home/domain.com/public_html/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap.php on line 197

Can anyone help advice how to fix problem?

Using on 1.3.1.1

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The module does not have this capability, you can customize it to create an external file which will generate the sitemap, however, you would need some PHP / Prestashop knowledge

• 4 weeks later...

Loving your modules:

Just noticed that after I submitted the sitemap to Google webmaster it says that the feed is type "images" other feeds I have used in have the type "sitemap": does that matter?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I go to my sitemap.xml url I am getting the following message:

"The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'http://mysite.com/sitemap.xml'."

In Webmaster Tools I am getting an "X" next to my sitemap submission.

Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong with my sitemap??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aimrob

You cannot read the sitemap somply by clicking it. You need an xml reader of some kind. I use igoogle, you can add xml feeds to that

I don;t know but i guess the X in google, may be a different issue. Can you tell me the real URL link to the sitemap and I can see if i can read it

Tomerg,

I am using Prestashop v. 1.3.6.0 Which version of your module would be best for me to download to use on my site.

Thanks,

aimrob

You should use the built in sitemap module, the version we have were fixing issues with the modules for PS 1.2.5 and 1.4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just found an issue with the module that might need addressing.

I have version 1.7.2 installed on Prestashop 1.4.3 and when I compile the sitemap I get a stack of duplicate content errors according to Google Webmaster tools.

I found that the issue is when you select "All images" from the menu. If I change it to "Main Image Only" the issue goes away. Obviously the URL of the product remains the same while the image URL changes, though Webmaster tools doesn't recognise this.

Will Google penalise me for having duplicate URLs in the sitemap or should I just ignore the issue?

The All images it the default option in the stock Prestashop module, we added the Main image only to ignore those duplicates.

I can't say for sure if google will penalize for it, although I think it's highly unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi tomerg3,

I have one issue, on the google webmaster tools my sitemap gives me one error like this bellow:

Error

Duplicate URL

Description

This URL is a duplicate of another URL in the sitemap. Please remove it and resubmit.

Example

URL: /

line

I don't know what it means. I have the 1.4.5.1 version installed and your gsitemap 1.7.2 version.

I choose the main image only, but google didn't index any images from my site.

I also have your redirect-url module installed.

My shop was installed on the home directory (/). Is that what it's giving me the sitemap error?

Thanks in advance

if you have & char in names or images descriptions you will produce nonvalid xml!

here's quick fix:

line 234 or around.

$image->addChild('caption', htmlspecialchars($legend_image), 'http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-image/1.1');
 $image->addChild('title', htmlspecialchars($legend_image), 'http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-image/1.1');

this may be not actual in latest presta, mine is 1.4.4.1

Hi Dead,

thanks for your reply,

I tried to understand what You tried to explain but my programming skills are quite low.

Do I need to change anything on the gsitemap from tomerg3 with those lines of code you mentioned?

What do I need to change and where to fiz this error?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After I have moved Images with PS in a

new storage system

, google can not index any photos, your sitemap add new url for photoes with also corect and show in my website but that url does not index with google, PS redirection show img in a different way which img does exist in website!( redirection crate that url)

please advise if you know how can i fix the problem.

V 1.7.1 was just released, it was fixes a problem where CMS pages were added to the sitemap ONLY if they were included in the Info Block module

i downloaded this module but tried to hook it an can't seem to do it. Any ideas? where do I hook it?

i downloaded this module but tried to hook it an can't seem to do it. Any ideas? where do I hook it?

You don't have to hook this module. Just configure it in your backoffice and point to the right URL (yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml) in Google Webmastertools.

-Dave

You don't have to hook this module. Just configure it in your backoffice and point to the right URL (yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml) in Google Webmastertools.

-Dave

Dear Dave

Another silly question: How do I configure it? Went to backoffice but just find where to go or what to do?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I've a site with 40,000+ products, only a few of which have images. My problem is that only the products with an image are indexed in the sitemap.

I'm using Prestashop 1.4.6.2 with Google Sitemap 1.7.2

Any ideas?

Thanks

I still have trouble with the multi language part of prestashop.

When I change the standard language it has influence on my rankings despite of the use of the sitemap module from presto.

Maybe it should be rewritten to use the rel="alternative" for the other languages.

Since I started using the sitemap module I see english urls popping up for my dutch keywords. The keyword isn't even on the english site???

Something is very wrong with prestashop and multi language use, I just cannot figure out what it is.

My cometition (all 1 language) seem not to be affected and doing well.

• 3 weeks later...

Try to use the latest sitemap module from Prestashop.

This module is the default version that came with PS 1.4.2 but with a couple of fixes regarding the images.

Try to use the latest sitemap module from Prestashop.

This module is the default version that came with PS 1.4.2 but with a couple of fixes regarding the images.

Hi, thanks

With module prestashop have the same problem, "invalid date"

Have idea?, thanks.

Mistake is in data ps-product, I have already solved.

I don´t understan in moudle gsitemap from prestashop is indexing 11500 URL and module presto changeo indexing 13340.

Thanks.

I am trying to use this module (v1.7.2) with prestashop 1.4.7. It is creating the sitemap file, but it stays empty. Nothing is indexed...

Any ideas on how to solve?

Thanks,

Thanks for this fast responce, but can you please explain some more? Do i need to install a second( or other) module? Or is there a version issue? I am using your latest version of your module as available in your site (v1.7.2).

Reason for choosing this version is my need of multilanguage functionality within the created sitemap.

Thanks.

Edited by romaha (see edit history)

The module on our site is the default module that came with Prestashop 1.4.2 with a couple of modifications that we added to resolve bugs related to images.

You can try using the latest default sitemap module that came with your version of Prestashop.

• 3 weeks later...

Can this module automatically refresh the site map at set time intervals?

The standard module doesn't and its a pain having to remember to regenerate it using the "configure" button every day.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hi tomerg 

i m facing the same problem by old gsitemap module 1.4 so i looked into your site but i cant find the module to download. i have created the account but cant find moudle anywhere. please help me . i cant see it in free module or seo modules or any other categories.  

Edited by dorje (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

This module fixes V1.4 (that comes with prestashop) which was incorrectly creating URLs in the sitemap.

This problem was only happening when prestashop was installed on the home directory (/)

Before fix: <loc>http://www.presto-changeo.com/lang-fr//www.presto-changeo.com/5-modules</loc>After fix: <loc>http://www.presto-changeo.com/lang-fr/5-modules</loc>

You can get it free from my site http://www.presto-changeo.com/

V 1.6 was just released, it fixes the broken images problem (using the thickbox version)

V 1.7 was just released, it fixes another bug that caused empty image entries for products without images.

But I can not find the module on your site... Can you please paste the link directly here?

• 3 years later...