Shall i make the HTML5/CSS3 template ready before i start working on theme?

Shall i make the HTML5/CSS3 template ready before i start working on theme?

OR

Is it same like i do in opencart, directly start modifying the CSS file and you are done.

I am a newbie in prestashop i have made couple of opencart themes. I have gone through some tutorial posts. And i think can come up with what i want, just this question pop-ed up in mind so i came here to clarify. 

Thanx in advance.

Thanx Dh42

i am familiar with HTML5, CSS3, Jquery, PHP, and Wordpress Also.

How complex it will be for me according to you.?

And if i start with the default theme, what if i don't want the footer ads block to be removed from the home page, and i want to add some similar block on some other position on the home page. Is is possible easily to achieve in the default theme of it is advisable to start with the HTML/CSS template.?

Prestashop's themes are based around smarty. 

I think you are best looking at the theme like maybe the product.tpl and see if you can write it. There are a lot of template leve l variables that you will have to know, that I imagine you do not know being new to Prestashop.

Bro, I intention is to learn, the link i have forwarded to you was the project that has came across my and i said no because i don't know prestashop. So, please let me know if you have any idea about whether to start with default theme and modify the css or its better start from HTML/CSS template so that we can get more control.

I already answered the question. Start with the default theme. I cannot think of one theme on a market place or a custom theme that did not start off the original theme. Look at how many lines of code and how the javascript works in the original theme. It would be silly to think you could turn anything out from scratch in less than 6 months that would be as functional.