Contact form doesn't send email to admin

Hi guys,

When I send a message through the contact form I don't receive an email. It does however register the message in the backend.

I have set up the proper contact person the email should go to. I use the smtp server from the hoster to send and receive email notifications, because php mail() didn't work at all. Test emails and order emails work fine (admin and customer order notifications are sent). It's just the contact form which is giving me headaches now.

I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9

Can anyone help me out?

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have same problem with this. 1.6.0.9 can not send email to customer service. I already setup customer service email is [email protected] and i didn't get email on inbox of [email protected] when customer submit contact from front end. 

Any one know this bugs? 

I already test email send email and it already send success to another address (not [email protected] because it is customer service email).

• 1 month later...

Finally It is sending now :) What I did is changed the MX Entry record

to: Remote Mail Exchanger

where did you change it? I'm having the same issue in my presta 1.6.0.9, when I send test message - it's ok, but when customer write message, it is shown only in BO

where did you change it? I'm having the same issue in my presta 1.6.0.9, when I send test message - it's ok, but when customer write message, it is shown only in BO

My solution is:

Go to: ADVANCED PARAMETERS -> E-MAIL and set up the "Set my own SMTP parameters (for advanced users ONLY)".
Do not worry about FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY

Set SMTP parameters of your hosting provider and job is done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks @thund5000.
My issue was when i send email to domain (admin email). it throw error. when i send to other address. it was fine. 

I updated MX entry record in email routing (cpanel menu of hostgator).
step 1: select domain from dropdown menu
step 2: update local mail exchanger to remote mail exchanger.

hope so, it will help someone else.