Showing price in two currencies PS 1.6

Hello!

Is there any possible way to show dual prices in Prestashop 1.6 (1.6.0.5 if more accurately), for example:

249 $ (186 EUR)

I've searched through the forums an I've only found one or two solutions, but they are for older PS versions and they only work in product page, leaving homepage, cart and other places with one currency.

I'm not trying to be rude or something, but I am totally frustrated, I simply can't believe that Prestashop didn't include this feature in 1.6, since it is supposed to be multishop and multicurrency PS version, in other words - designed to use in worldwide business. Probably all other e-commerce platforms had free extensions for that long ago. 

I will be very thankful for any kind of solution suggestions!

SOLVED!

i solved it with module that vekia developed exclusively for me: show price in two currencies. Im happy with this solution because it changes the price in other currencies when i will switch combinations (if combination affects the price)

Hello!

Is there any possible way to show dual prices in Prestashop 1.6 (1.6.0.5 if more accurately), for example:

249 $ (186 EUR)

I've searched through the forums an I've only found one or two solutions, but they are for older PS versions and they only work in product page, leaving homepage, cart and other places with one currency.

I'm not trying to be rude or something, but I am totally frustrated, I simply can't believe that Prestashop didn't include this feature in 1.6, since it is supposed to be multishop and multicurrency PS version, in other words - designed to use in worldwide business. Probably all other e-commerce platforms had free extensions for that long ago. 

I will be very thankful for any kind of solution suggestions!

Hi, a cms can not be all things to everyone.

In my opinion it's best to localize the currency to customer, not display multiple currencies, but again different requirements by many.

please post example of existing ecommerce cms that supports this.

Well, if You ask...

Opencart extension (price: 10$) http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=16326&filter_search=multi%20currency%20price

Similar Opencart extension (price: FREE) http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=18188&filter_search=multi%20currency%20price

Magento extension: (price: 149$) http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/multiple-base-currencies.html

For Shopify and Bigcommerce there are no extensions, but they seem to have similar feature by default, as I managed to Google

I completely agree that it's best to localize currency, but showing prices in two currencies is important to some countrys. 

So, is there any workaround, maybe code changes, that could help achieve that? I was looking for a paid module too in PS Addons, but unfortunately the search was unsuccesfull...

Well, if You ask...

Opencart extension (price: 10$) http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=16326&filter_search=multi%20currency%20price

Similar Opencart extension (price: FREE) http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=18188&filter_search=multi%20currency%20price

Magento extension: (price: 149$) http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/multiple-base-currencies.html

For Shopify and Bigcommerce there are no extensions, but they seem to have similar feature by default, as I managed to Google

I completely agree that it's best to localize currency, but showing prices in two currencies is important to some countrys. 

So, is there any workaround, maybe code changes, that could help achieve that? I was looking for a paid module too in PS Addons, but unfortunately the search was unsuccesfull...

first I don't want to seem disagreeable, I understand that we do not all have same requirements.  That is what makes this such a great community, never a dull moment. (make sure to visit community and help others).

for this particular requirement, there will be a number of changes to modules/theme .tpls.  Not a large amount and is doable.

I suggest, that if you really want this and are not comfortable doing this yourself, is to post in job offers section and get some quotes.  Be specific, many post 'need easy change'...jajajajaja..if it was easy they could do it.

if you want to make changes yourself (back up), then post new topic in development forum, again be specific and at least act like you are going to make the changes yourself rather than waiting for miracle. :)

welcome to the forum, el

also a follow up on development in ps.

developers can not 'easily' (read without manual intervention) really extend well shop templates.

ps has started to implement concept of 'helpers'  with helpers then developers can extend many new things in front and back office that were not avaiable to them.

so now we hope to see more types of little modules that would provide what your desire.

for example, we can not add (using module) something very simple like. MRSP or SRP...this is a 'very' common practice so one sees the suggested retail price compared to our sell price...very frustrating

so I am being patient waiting for helpers to mature...and I think is directly related to no ps module that you seek.

Well thank You for the answers. I'm really happy to hear about the "helpers" conception, I'm sure many of the PS users will be happy about this too :)

As for my requirement, I will try to post a topic in developers forum. 

And by the way, I was in no way trying to say that PS is bad platform. In my opinion, it is the best in all ways, even better than Magento, because it is more user friendly and I think it is very important in e-commerce. All the others (Virtuemart, Opencart, Zencart) are very primitive IMO. Shopify and Bigcoommerce are great, but they are more US friendly, nothing good for other, non-english speaking countries.

So I'm looking forward for new PS versions, You guys are doing a really great job!

Well thank You for the answers. I'm really happy to hear about the "helpers" conception, I'm sure many of the PS users will be happy about this too :)

And by the way, I was in no way trying to say that PS is bad platform. In my opinion, it is the best in all ways, even better than Magento, because it is more user friendly and I think it is very important in e-commerce. All the others (Virtuemart, Opencart, Zencart) are very primitive IMO. Shopify and Bigcoommerce are great, but they are more US friendly, nothing good for other, non-english speaking countries.

So I'm looking forward for new PS versions, You guys are doing a really great job!

you are most welcome.

Searching same solution... If you will find, please share..

hi, i use default template Prestashop 1.6.0.9, added second currency- €

product.tpl

find:

<span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">{convertPrice price=$productPrice}</span>

after it add:

<p class="our_price_display" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">  
                                        <span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">({round($productPrice/3.4528, 2)}€ )</span>
                                       </p> 

will look like:

http://www.kioskas.eu/08-gsm-signalizacija-ir-jos-priedai/134-gsm-signalizacija.html

product-list.tpl

find:

<span itemprop="price" class="price product-price">
										{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}
									</span>

add after it:

{if !$priceDisplay}({round($product.price/3.4528, 2)}€ ){else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}
									</span>

find:

{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}
							</span>

add after it;

{if !$priceDisplay}({round($product.price/3.4528, 2)}€ ){else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}
							</span>

that will change homefeatured

thats only calculations, if you change currency to euros, it will divide it again. So you need to remove currency block.

Edited by rolikas78 (see edit history)

hi, i use default template Prestashop 1.6.0.9, added second currency- €

product.tpl

find:

<span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">{convertPrice price=$productPrice}</span>

after it add:

<p class="our_price_display" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">  
                                        <span id="our_price_display" itemprop="price">({round($productPrice/3.4528, 2)}€ )</span>
                                       </p> 

will look like:

http://www.kioskas.eu/08-gsm-signalizacija-ir-jos-priedai/134-gsm-signalizacija.html

product-list.tpl

find:

</span>

add after it:

</span>

find:

</span>

add after it;

</span>

that will change homefeatured

thats only calculations, if you change currency to euros, it will divide it again. So you need to remove currency block.

Didelis dėkui,

O gal žinai kaip padaryti, kad dviem valiutom būtu ir pirkinių krepšelyje ir kliento laiške?

Great thanks, 

Or maybe you know how to make the two currencies apartments and shopping cart and client letter?

sorry for the English language

• 2 months later...

Turi veikti, kazka blogai darai ir ne ten koda dedi. 

Padariau dar karta, veikia, tik ant pačios prekės, rodo gerai, dvi kainas, Lt ir Eur, 

bet pagrindiniame puslapyje, kur naujos prekės, akcijinės prekės, rodo abi kainas Litais,

gal žinai kaip tai ištaisyti?

Lygtai kažkur buvau matęs buvo sužaista su .js, 1.5 tikrai veikę, bet nerandu to pranešimo

Edited by IRMAZIEMS (see edit history)

Padariau dar karta, veikia, tik ant pačios prekės, rodo gerai, dvi kainas, Lt ir Eur, 

bet pagrindiniame puslapyje, kur naujos prekės, akcijinės prekės, rodo abi kainas Litais,

gal žinai kaip tai ištaisyti?

Na tai reiskia blogai irasei koduka, reiketu tpl failus pamatyt kad kazkuo padet butu galima.

Hi, a cms can not be all things to everyone.

In my opinion it's best to localize the currency to customer, not display multiple currencies, but again different requirements by many.

please post example of existing ecommerce cms that supports this.

El Patron, your oppinion is good, but, for example, in Lithuania we will have Euro since January 1st, 2015, therefore half year before all shops must show prices in Euro AND our current currency Litas.