Remove account creation from FO

xEpyonx

Hi guys,

So I have this friend of mine who is DEAD SET on not wanting to have anything related to account creation in his store (see attachment for details). Dear god, how do I do this? I'm working with a custom template and I tried editing out

<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-6">
            <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="create-account_form" class="box">
                <h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Create an account'}</h3>
                <div class="form_content clearfix">
                    <p>{l s='Please enter your email address to create an account.'}</p>
                    <div class="alert alert-danger" id="create_account_error" style="display:none"></div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="email_create">{l s='Email address'}</label>
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate account_input form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="email_create" name="email_create" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email_create)}{$smarty.post.email_create|stripslashes}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <div class="submit">
                        {if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}
                        <button class="btn btn-default button button-medium exclusive" type="submit" id="SubmitCreate" name="SubmitCreate">
                            <span>
                                <i class="icon-user left"></i>
                                {l s='Create an account'}
                            </span>
                        </button>
                        <input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="SubmitCreate" value="{l s='Create an account'}" />
                    </div>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>

from the templates authentication.tpl, but everything is still visible. I'm using one page checkout btw.

Can someone please help me out :(

post-303388-0-83032100-1407531432_thumb.jpg

Edited by xEpyonx (see edit history)

So the theme developer helped me out with this bigtime, without having to touch any code!

First I had to turn off the user info block module to remove the login from top right. And second he masked out the create account text and button from the site by masking it with css display:none

No hardcoding at all :D

So the theme developer helped me out with this bigtime, without having to touch any code!

First I had to turn off the user info block module to remove the login from top right. And second he masked out the create account text and button from the site by masking it with css display:none

No hardcoding at all :D

Well, that is always possible as well, but it's better to comment it out in the code, as Prestashop will completely ignore this code.

Instead here, it loads it first and then it hides it...there's no need to call it IMHO...

But it's perfectly ok to use css as well, I just like comments in this situation better...

• Like 1