Change product ID

• 2 years later...

Well... i know that's an old topic ... but there isn't any new topic about changing the product's ID numbers... and i want to change some IDs.

I have some links at the google's first page, but now those links are broken because I accidentaly deleted the products and now they have a different ID and, consequently, diferent links.

I've tried to change the DB tables ps_product and ps_category_product... but without success.

Does anyone have a solution for this??

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

you can try to change it in the database, but in this case you have to edit also other associations in the tables like categories, attributes etc.

im not sure at all that this will work (i never tested it) so before you will try it, make sure that you've got backup / mirror

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

hi,i am starter in this fantastic cms and i wanna post my first speaking..

I think changing the product id is very important and i dont know why there isnt any good way for that,I resolve this by importing products from excel and i force my product ids

you can see that in my persian site : store.carpetmaster.ir

this site has plenty of product with ids greater than 2000 imported by myself :)

but it isn't good especially from techical point of view. This is because relational databases are based on "keys"

Key is usually unique number, in this case if you change the ID it will break down the structure of the entire database

you have to know that product id are stored also in other tables, it mean, that you will have to change a lot of tables in your DB

moreoiver UNIQUE autoincrement field type will not work well anymore (and it is definitely BAD)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi,i am starter in this fantastic cms and i wanna post my first speaking..

I think changing the product id is very important and i dont know why there isnt any good way for that,I resolve this by importing products from excel and i force my product ids

you can see that in my persian site : store.carpetmaster.ir

this site has plenty of product with ids greater than 2000 imported by myself :)

Do you think it's easy to navigate in your shop for people from Europe for example?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

<bump>

What happens with the order history if you migrate your products to clean, newer version of Prestashop (in my case from 1.5.6.2 to 1.6.1.3) and some products have now different id's? What happens when a customer looks into his order history/invoice? Do they notice anything, or will the system only pull id's and then possibly show another product (in stead of the product the customer actually bought)?

• 1 month later...

I accidentally imported all my products with the right ID's but allowed the CSV import to auto-increment new product ID's. Now, when trying to apply license keys to product ID's they don't align since the product ID from PrestaShop is different than the product ID in my spreadsheet csv import.

So, is there still no way to simply change the product ID and make everything align?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...