PayPal fatal error after checkout, only with specific Addresses

CrossY

Hi there,

I'm using PS1.4.7.3 with PayPal v3.7.1. 

I've updated my PayPal to a newer version, but upon paying (after i;ve been in PayPal to login and pay) it sends me back to my shop with a fatal error. Doesn't say anything else there, just a white page with Fatal Error.

The URL the error is shown on is: ../modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php?token=EC-8VV36010WG049034X&PayerID=7BVP5GBP358YQ

I received the admin "confirm email" and it stated an error with the payment: 

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

So i've tried using other addresses, two other addresses worked fine. Switched back to the initial address where I got the error, and I got the error again.

I have various addresses installed to check if the shipment costs/payment options are applied properly. The one not working is a random USA address, the ones working are Netherlands and Poland (and perhaps all else?).

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks in advance!

Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code

Knowing what the city, state and zipcode that you used might be helpful.

is the random USA address a valid address?  Is your paypal account a US account?  If not, did you confirm with Paypal that they provide you support with shipping to US addresses?

• RIJNDIJK **

• ****, Arkansas 23313

United States

Blanked out the city (it's my home city in the Netherlands), same for the house number. If PayPal indeed checks for valid addresses, and/or my account the error probably lies there. I'm not sure if/what i've entered as address/location in PayPal, but if anything it's the Netherlands. Perhaps some kind of account-hacking-protection?

Paypal offers seller and buyer protection, and in order to provide that they must ensure that shipping addresses are valid and confirmed.  So if you provide an invalid address, they cannot provide their protection features (can't confirm you shipped to an address that does not exist), and likely reject those transactions.

• Like 1