From subfolder to root?

Delonn

there are two possibilities:

1) move all files from subfolder to root directory of your shop, and after that - in preferences > seo & urls change base uri field to "/" (from /subfolder/)

2) point your domain in domain settings to /subfolder/ and change in preferences > seo & urls base uri to "/"

there are two possibilities:

1) move all files from subfolder to root directory of your shop, and after that - in preferences > seo & urls change base uri field to "/" (from /subfolder/)

2) point your domain in domain settings to /subfolder/ and change in preferences > seo & urls base uri to "/"

Thnx vekia! 2 question,

1. For first option - Would the database be affected if i do the moving manually?

2. For second option - would my subfolder appear on search engine instead of the domain itself which i would prefer to have search engine display it as mydomain.com instead of mydomain.com/subfolder

for option 1, no the database is not impacted by simply moving your files.

if you do option 2, then your subfolder actually becomes document root.  no external sources would see it as a subfolder anymore, because it is not.  depending on your host, you may not even be able to do this

for option 1, no the database is not impacted by simply moving your files.

if you do option 2, then your subfolder actually becomes document root.  no external sources would see it as a subfolder anymore, because it is not.  depending on your host, you may not even be able to do this

Thnx alot bellini13!!