Search for Categories in Quick Search Bar

Hello all,

I would like to ask for some advice about a modification in the Prestashop search engine. I've been looking for some answers to no avail.

What I am trying to achieve is:

When [*Category Name*] is input in the search bar, ALL products that belong to that category would show up. Essentially, the results would be the same as if the user clicked on the Category bar and selected that category manually (plus related articles if applicable).

I have tried placing the maximum weight on Categories (value: 10) in Preferences > Search, but this has no effect whatsoever.

Thanks!

Simply put, you need another search engine, or else, you modify the default search box, add a drop down with entity "product, category", then modify the search controller and search::find method to take these into consideration, and act accordingly

Simply put, you need another search engine, or else, you modify the default search box, add a drop down with entity "product, category", then modify the search controller and search::find method to take these into consideration, and act accordingly

Thanks Nemo,

So you mean the only option with the current search bar would be to add a drop-down menu? i.e. is it not possible for the search engine to interpret a category name input manually with keyboard? (instead of a menu)

otherwise do you have any suggestions of other search engines that could achieve this?

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...