Accidentally deleted all States, help!

I deleted all the states under the shipping tab, thinking I didn't need them because I am not shipping any items. Now I realize I do need them for people to register! Now it's showing an error when registering, and also says "hack" or something like that when I go to view my cart. (I'm testing everything out.)

Is there a way to add them all back in via my FTP or something so I don't have to enter them in manually?

Thank you, I tried that and it still didn't work. When I test checkout, it says: "There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address! "

I actually don't even need to collect customer mailing address, city, state, etc. and would prefer not to. I only need their name and email plus and area for comments. It's for virtual goods, so there is no shipping address needed.

Is there a way to just bypass the shipping, carrier, tax, weight, and address info altogether?

Thanks much!
Tiana

Hi,

Now you just need to set up the shipping so it thinks it can sell to the correct zones (I also had this problem).

In the backoffice if you go to the shipping tab .....

Choose the carrier (I guess it could be ficticious) - and it must show the zones you are "shipping" to - otherwise you can't take an order.

You may need to go into the carrier and select the zones you want that carrier to be able to ship to.

- Andrew