rocky

[MODULE] AJAX Sliding Accordion Categories

AJAX Sliding Categories v3.3.2 has been released. It fixes a couple of JavaScript errors in the PrestaShop v1.3.x version of the module. The PrestaShop v1.4.x version remains unchanged (except for an increment in the version number).

I was trying to purchase your module from your store, but paypal says that your store does not allow me to send payments to your account.

I have used paypal several times in the past, and use it each month without issues.

Can I send a private payment instead and get this module delivered?

Sure, if you can't check out, use the Donate link at the bottom of my website to pay and I'll email you the module.

Sure, if you can't check out, use the Donate link at the bottom of my website to pay and I'll email you the module.

Done, I donated 50 AUD for this module. (AJAX Sliding Accordion Categories)

Could you please send it to support@aero-files.com which is the same email I used for PayPal, thanks.

Hello Rocky,

Thanks for a great module.

I am using the lastest free version and Prestashop 1.4.3.

I have been unable to change the order of the categories as they appear on the front page. With the original 1.4.3 category module, it is easy to change the order by changing it in the back office. That same trick no longer works when I have your module installed.

Do you know of a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance and, once again, thanks for a great module!

Jelmer

Thanks for the feedback. Try changing line 194 of modules/blockcategoriesaccordion/blockcategoriesaccordion.php from:

ORDER BY level_depth, cl.name ASC');

to:

ORDER BY level_depth, c.position ASC');

If this works for you, I'll release an update.

Hello Rocky

I have not yet purchased this module, but it appears copme highly recommended. I am thinking of installing on an existing live site (verion 1.4.2.5), but I just had a couple of questions:

- Did you manage to make the change so that the categories are positioned as per the previous post?

- The way this works with Ajax, do you think spiders will follow the sub-categories that are not open when a page initailly loads?

- With the standard category block that comes with Presta, when a users hovers over a category or sub-category, the category description text appears in a small dialogue box. I don't really like the fact it does this from both asthetics and SEO perspectives. Does this module also do them same?

v3.3.3 has now been released

It fixes a few minor issues and removes the "Back Office AJAX" in the v1.4.x version, since PrestaShop v1.4.4 comes with it's own version by default.

@phunter121

I wasn't notified of your post for some reason.

I've just released an update to the free version of the module that includes the change in the previous post. There was no need to do it in the paid version, since it already had that code.

I think spiders probably won't crawl the subcategories, but that doesn't matter, since the categories themselves list subcategories and the sitemap also lists all the subcategories, so the spider will still find them.

Yes, my module also displays the category description text on hover. It's simple to remove it by editing modules/blockcategoriesnc/category-tree-branch.tpl and modules/blockcategoriesnc/ajax.php and removing the title="" code.

He hello Rocky ;)

I did not received the update yet in the mail, normally you send it automatically.

Or must you still send the emails out with the latest update.

Regards,

Arthur

Hi Rocky, a big thank you for the free version of this module. Had one question. Is it possible to disable the tool tips of the category descriptions when hovering over the categories module. I couldn't find an answer anywhere here already. I'm using the 2.02 version for prestashop 1.4.

Thanks you.

Dear Rocky,

I am using your free Module, it is very good! Thank you!

Would just love to put little plus Symbols (+) in front of all categories, which got subcategories. I know that the Full Version of the Module can do it, but my budged is limited. Whit that I would be perfectly satisfied, cause I dont need any more functions. Somebody can point me in the right direction?

Cheers and Thanks again!

Edited by Mr.Orange

is it possible for somebody to send me free version of this module at my emailId: ganeshdevre@gmail.com

I am using Prestashop V. 1.4.7

Thanks In Advance.

me too please link of the free version

Sorry for taking so long updating this module. I've now rewritten the module using PrestaShop's helper classes so it works in PrestaShop v1.5.x and v1.6.x. The module is now responsive in PrestaShop v1.6.x. I added the option to line up the product counts on the right side of the category block and set the maximum categories per query to reduce memory usage and prevent memory limit errors.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.1 has been released. The update improves the performance and security of the module and fixes a bug in the cron job.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.2 has been released. The update fixes a bug in the ordering of the first level of categories by position, improves security and adds a header to the top of the configuration page with a link to the contact page of my website for support.

Hi rocky, I have a quick question, does this module also hide products that are out of stock? for me category is not important, but I will have many products of the same origin but not each will be available forever. 

Thank you

Sorry, my module can only hide empty categories, not products that are out of stock. I could modify my code so that out-of-stock products are excluded from the product count, so that categories with only out-of-stock products are hidden, but then that wouldn't actually hide the products from categories that have some in-stock products and some out-of-stock products. I think you'd need additional overrides on Category.php and some other classes to modify the SQL queries to exclude out-of-stock products from listings.

Just a note to my customers that PrestaShop v1.6.1.0 contains a bug that causes the category tree on my modules' configuration pages to not load correctly. You can click the Expand All button to load the category tree, but it will fail again whenever you refresh the page. To permanently fix the problem, apply the fix at https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/3349/files

Note that this bug also affects the loyalty module in PrestaShop and any other module that generates it's configuration page using the 'categories' input type.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.3.0 has been released. It fixes a bug that caused a warning message to display when it shouldn't, improves the security of the module, makes the Re-count, Revert and Repair buttons bigger so they are easier to find, and changes the code format to PSR-2.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.4.2 has been released. It fixes a bug with "Hide empty categories" and product counts.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.5.0 has been released. It adds the option to display category tooltips with plain text or HTML. It is also possible to click links in tooltips. Product counts are now displayed on breadcrumbs and a bug with "Hide empty categories" was fixed.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.5.1 has been released. It fixes a bug that caused an infinite loop when "Maximum subcategories per query" was set to 0.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.6.1 has been released. It removes the category IDs from links to prevent Google crawling errors. It also fixes a bug that caused subcategories to not be displayed when "Display breadcrumbs" was enabled. The module is now compatible with PrestaShop v1.7 Beta 1.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.6.2 has been released. It fixes a bug in the footer categories when "Product count" is set to "Categories".

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.7.0 has been released. It adds a new "Compatibility mode" in the "Troubleshooting" section that makes the module compatible with some third-party themes that were previously incompatible.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.7.1 has been released. It fixes some display bugs when used with PrestaShop v1.7 Beta 1.

Where's the support? I sent a message through the Prestashop plugin site over a week ago. For the price of this module I expect better customer service.

Hi Dan. I've already replied to your message through PrestaShop Addons the day after you sent the message. I don't understand why you didn't receive it. I assumed my reply had answered your question and you just forgot to thank me. Here's a screenshot of my reply along with the date stamp:

post-13933-0-39064200-1473033795_thumb.png

Hi Rocky,

Apologies, I retract. I now see you answered my question the next day in the contact record on the Prestashop addons site. I received an email confirmation of my question, but never received email notification of your answer as is normal procedure.

I've been using Ajax Sliding Categories since PS 1.2.5 if I remember right, and consider it essential for my shop. It's never let me down.

Hi Dan,

It seems PrestaShop Addons has let us down. I hope you get the proper email notifications in the future.

I'm happy your issue is sorted out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.8.0 has been released. It moves the code for PrestaShop v1.7 to a separate module and adds widget functionality.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.8.1 has been released. It moves the JavaScript functions to a separate file and makes the module compatible with PrestaShop v1.7.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.8.3 has been released. It fixes a JavaScript error when loading subcategories.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.8.4 has been released. It fixes a bug when accordion mode is enabled and AJAX is disabled. It also improves improves translations.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.8.5 has been released. The block now appears in mobile view in PrestaShop v1.7.

AJAX Sliding Categories v4.9.0 has been released. It has an improved progress bar when counting products and repairing categories. The module is also now available in 50 languages.