Strange cache issue..!

ANYONE..??

hi

I'm running PS 1.4.5.1 and today I discovered that PS are generating a lot! of cache-files in the cachefs.folders - we´re talking 50-80.000 files in some folders. This is a huge problem since it´s gererates a heavy CPU usage on the host server and belive me, the server company are not happy with me...!

When I manually delete a folder (takes a LOT of time via FTP) even a few seconds after, there´s 2-300 files in the folder already again, as something is looping....

In the resource panel, I can see it started the night between the 2-3 june and since, it has almost continuously maxed out the CPU usage.

Now, since I don´t recall to have done anything in the Shop, exept adding a few products, I simply don´t know what has coused this problem, and since my hosting company don´t seem to know anything, you guys, are my only hope...

Ps. I have tuned the shop in regards of performance as described here on the forum and the shop is running, but things are pretty slow...

Thanx in advance.

Wizart

Denmark

Edited by wizart (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi Wizart , i've the same issue, many files inside the cachefs/0,1,2,ecc.. ecc...

most of them have the same content (b:0;) and the same lenght (4bytes).

The difference is that i've the last ps verison installed (1.6.0.9)

This is a big problem for any kind of backup infact i have exluded the cachefs directory from the daily backup in my server.

Someone can suggest a solution ?

Why PS does not delete files older than X days ?