New Contributor terms, confusion with commission

bellini13

A Commission corresponding to 50% of the Addons and Update Services Sales Price for Addons and Update Services that have a link leading to the Addons Product Information Sheet visible in the Customer Shop Back-office. Is subject to the Commission any sale of Addons after the Customer clicked on the link present in his Back-office directing to the corresponding Addons. Tracking is conducted through Customer’s cookie within its lifetime limit. The Contributor is informed via the order history in his Middle-office of the completion of a sale from a Customer’s Back-office. The Contributor can ask for the withdrawal of his/her Module from the Back-office by sending a written notice clearly identifying the Addons subject to the request. Withdrawal will be in effect within fifteen (15) days.

It is to be noted that links that are only shown in the Customer Shops Back-office after a search has been conducted in the Back-office (only visible on Back-office after a Research) are not subject to the 50% Commission.

It is not clear to me what the second paragraph is trying to say, and how it is different from the first paragraph.  I get that the commission would be different, but under what condition?

Could someone from the Addons team please clarify this for me? 

Hi Michael  :)

About the second paragraph. It states: there are two ways your module can display in one customer's back-office:

- After the customer searched for a module and got yours in the result list. In that case, the commission stays unchanged.
- In the back-office, pushed by the software even though the customer has not used the built-in search engine. In that case, commission is 50%.

If you do not want to beneficiate from that new feature with PrestaShop pushing your modules forward to the users, you can request that your modules be withdrawn from the B.O.

• Like 2

Thanks Xavier, that does clarify it for me.

Could you elaborate this statement for me.  Where would these appear in the back office, is there are new advertisement area being introduced?

- In the back-office, pushed by the software even though the customer has not used the built-in search engine. In that case, commission is 50%.

In the back-office, the search engine for the Addons marketplace is found in the admin panel at: Modules > Modules & themes catalog. This section is just a redirection to the addons.prestashop.com website and when a customer finds and buy a module through this section, the 70/30 commission system stays unchanged.

h4r0I73o-J.gif

However, we recently introduced a new (additional) way to push your modules in your customers' back-office, in Modules > Modules. In this section, the Addons catalog is now fully integrated within the back-office, and that includes modules made by external contributors. When a customer buys a module through this section, commission is now 50/50.

mc3NjAuS0Z.gif

You can opt-out of this new way to make your modules visible, your modules will then stay in the Addons marketplace but will be taken down from the Modules > Modules section of the back-office. Basically, it'll be like it was before. :)

• Like 2