Wrong Customers

I do about 50 orders a week through our site and about once a week I get an order that assigns the wrong customer information to that order - I looks like it is moving up or down one ID #.  The order is placed with the correct address information but is assigned to the wrong customer.  

Any help would be appreciated

i don't have a solution but I have a similar problem appearing from the front office noticed during testing (I visit my own site a lot!). When returning to the site after a few days while having been logged in, a different customers name and address would appear in the shipping information (i also had the ability to change it in the user account). Also if returning to an abandoned cart whilst not logged in, the site had prepopulated a different customers guest checkout information (name and address). Logging out and logging in solves if signed in and the guest checkout issue would be removed if logging in with a proper account. The problem does not appear to exist to a user visiting the site for the first time. It would however, be quite disconcerting and a security concern for a customer to see someone elses name and address upon returning to the site. I think the original posters diagnosis of the mis-assignment of ID# is correct. In my instance, the issue might have something to do with having deleted several customers in the back office and their Id's being reassigned.

I would also appreciate a solution or better understanding of the problem, though realise it's a tough error to replicate. 

• 3 months later...

We are experiencing this as well and we too have around 50 orders a week. What makes it even worse is that a customer who has had an account for a few days will get an email notification thanking them for their new order, when they didn't actually place a new order. The old customer logs in and sees an order placed under their account! This is something that the PrestaShop team should take a serious look at especially with the growing concern over online security.

RDPARKS - did anyone reply to your inquiry about this issue?

This same issue you described has happened to us 3 times in the last 2 weeks. We have a VPS and our webhost has run a database scan twice - found no security problems. I even tried resolving the issue by using an older database backup - the old backup was successfully installed - but then 2 days later the same error appears. What makes it even more irritating is that there are THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER messages being sent to the wrong customer, and that customer sees the new customer's order under their account!

I would make a fresh reinstall of the entire prestashop software itself and use my most recent database backup, but Im afraid of all of the steps to make sure that we can still use the old database

HELP ANYONE? 

PRESTASHOP TEAM?

I was getting frustrated - and was looking for a fix for the issue I discussed previously (other than starting with a fresh installation). I stumbled across PSCLEANER  (Prestashop Cleaner). There are 4 basic functions of the PS Cleaner that came as a free module in Prestashop 1.6.0.9

I chose to utilize: FUNCTIONAL INTEGRITY CONSTRAINTS

I ran this option, and I received the following "fixed" notifications:

The following queries successfuly fixed broken data:

• DELETE FROM `ps_access` WHERE `id_tab` NOT IN (SELECT `id_tab` FROM `ps_tab`)
    4 line(s)
  • DELETE FROM `ps_category_group` WHERE `id_group` NOT IN (SELECT `id_group` FROM `ps_group`)
    2 line(s)
  • DELETE FROM `ps_category_product` WHERE `id_product` NOT IN (SELECT `id_product` FROM `ps_product`)
    1 line(s)
  • DELETE FROM `ps_connections_source` WHERE `id_connections` NOT IN (SELECT `id_connections` FROM `ps_connections`)
    2 line(s)
  • DELETE FROM `ps_message` WHERE `id_cart` NOT IN (SELECT `id_cart` FROM `ps_cart`)
    8 line(s)
  • DELETE FROM `ps_search_index` WHERE `id_product` NOT IN (SELECT `id_product` FROM `ps_product`)
    30 line(s)
  • DELETE FROM `ps_specific_price_priority` WHERE `id_product` NOT IN (SELECT `id_product` FROM `ps_product`)
    8 line(s)
  • Like 1