How do we make a complaint?

Whilst PrestaShop is great and I am loving the new 1.6 version (getting really into it both designing for and using  again after a couple of years out) I am not so happy with the PrestaShop forum experience.

Is it possible to make an official complaint about a member of the moderating team, or is such not possible?

Thanks

I'm wondering why you would complain about a free service?  I kinda believe you get what you pay for.  I can understand complaining about someone providing technical support for which you are spending cold hard cash, but getting free help on a free forum is, in my opinion, always a bonus and should never be complained about.  Sort of like getting a gift and then complaining that it's the wrong color.

Be appreciative.  The people here are wonderful, helpful, and friendly as far as I can tell. 

Just my opinion

CJ Rhoads

• Like 3

Whilst these are all reasonable points under normal circumstances, since you are not aware of all events that have transpired I would not expect you to fully understand.

I would also like to refer people to my earlier comment about 'free'.

Free can be more expensive than you think, its just that the cost is not always immediately obvious. 

• Like 1

Whilst PrestaShop is great and I am loving the new 1.6 version (getting really into it both designing for and using  again after a couple of years out) I am not so happy with the PrestaShop forum experience.

Is it possible to make an official complaint about a member of the moderating team, or is such not possible?

Thanks

Most of the time, a community forum will have some kind of hierarchy established, with an Administrator who oversees the Moderators and Super Moderators, nominates new mods etc. I don't see clearly see something like that here in PS forum:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

but you could try and communicate via p.m. with a moderator which is also a PrestaShop employee. I think the forum group these people belong to is called "PrestaTeam" instead of "Moderators". In the link I gave, just hover your mouse above each moderator and the popup will reveal the respective forum group, among other things...

• Like 1

@Boss Themes

I feel your pain and I completely agree with you of "FREE" stuff happen to be quite expensive at the end of the day.

If there is no mechanism to make a complaint about some forum member or some member of the mods/admin board there should be.

People are different so as their approach to specific situations.

For example, Vekia, El Patron and some other guys from the admin/mod board were very good to me and they helped me a lot. For that I thank them but there were times when our views went to opposite directions.  

If the stuff is free it doesn't me its not regulated. On the other hand, if stuff is free that means you need to adjust to it more then it need to adjust to you and your needs. So noting is really all black or white from my point of view.

Just to add that @cjhroads had a good point to.
So once again, world is grey :D

Edited by Dolke (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Do not use presta shop with the great promises of customer service and tech support.  I purchased a 149.00 template for my site and it will not upload to my back office.  Tech support will not call back or email and when I requested a refund I couldnt get a response either.  I will never use presta shop again and hope if your reading this you will think twice before using their service that they claim to be a one click upload.  It is not!  Beware!!!!!

Do not use presta shop with the great promises of customer service and tech support.  I purchased a 149.00 template for my site and it will not upload to my back office.  Tech support will not call back or email and when I requested a refund I couldnt get a response either.  I will never use presta shop again and hope if your reading this you will think twice before using their service that they claim to be a one click upload.  It is not!  Beware!!!!!

If you bought something, than you have the right to complaint. Where did you bought the template ? At the addons site ? Other outside platform ? You should keep things separated if you are buying third party things... third party it's not Prestashop

• Like 1

Perhaps they are not responding to your request because it is very non-specific.  What do you mean "it won't download"?  Do you mean your FTP isn't working right, since that is what you might use to download?  Or did you really mean install?  In either case, it is an Add-On, which means the proper party to contact is the developer or company who created the Add-On.  The truth is, the general terminology you are using would indicate that you don't really understand open source software, so perhaps you should stay away from it.  

I may have my problems with Presta-shop (I actually had to stop using it because my merchant account company changed all the security rules and the Prestashop updates were beyond my expertise to install.  I got tired of paying programmers to keep the software running)  but I re-iterate my point.  The forums are free.  The software is free.  If you don't have enough technical expertise to make the software run, it is not the responsibility of the community forums to educate you on what to do and how to do it.  If the software doesn't work, you have to be very specific to the specific developers of the part that doesn't work or you really won't get anywhere.  In my book on Managing IT I use the analogy of going to a Dentist when you have a stomach ache.  You need to know enough to at least know that you go to a dentist when your teeth hurt and you go to a doctor when your stomach hurts.

Jmidgley is absolutely corrrect - you can't expect to use Presta shop, a free open source shopping cart and inventory management software, as if it is an off-the-shelf package with a paid staff of technical support people.  The software is free - the labor to make it work is not.  (This is the way it is with all open source packages.)  

I'm just sayin.

Peace

CJ Rhoads

Edited by cjrhoads (see edit history)

I purchased my template through presta shop add ons.  I have gone to tech support by phone and email and they will not respond to the fact it will not download.  

Addons on Prestashop are not all developed by Prestashop...

Perhaps you are having a specific server issue problem. If you cannot download, most of the common errors, is that your server is not allowing it, or its' not proper configured to handle zip-files.

For specific problems, Prestashop never will fix them, cause it's your hosting you are paying and they should be fixed by your provider. You should specify better your problem here in the forum, we don't know what happened.

Perhaps they are not responding to your request because it is very non-specific.  What do you mean "it won't download"?  Do you mean your FTP isn't working right, since that is what you might use to download?  Or did you really mean install?  In either case, it is an Add-On, which means the proper party to contact is the developer or company who created the Add-On.  The truth is, the general terminology you are using would indicate that you don't really understand open source software, so perhaps you should stay away from it.  

I may have my problems with Presta-shop (I actually had to stop using it because my merchant account company changed all the security rules and the Prestashop updates were beyond my expertise to install.  I got tired of paying programmers to keep the software running)  but I re-iterate my point.  The forums are free.  The software is free.  If you don't have enough technical expertise to make the software run, it is not the responsibility of the community forums to educate you on what to do and how to do it.  If the software doesn't work, you have to be very specific to the specific developers of the part that doesn't work or you really won't get anywhere.  In my book on Managing IT I use the analogy of going to a Dentist when you have a stomach ache.  You need to know enough to at least know that you go to a dentist when your teeth hurt and you go to a doctor when your stomach hurts.

Jmidgley is absolutely corrrect - you can't expect to use Presta shop, a free open source shopping cart and inventory management software, as if it is an off-the-shelf package with a paid staff of technical support people.  The software is free - the labor to make it work is not.  (This is the way it is with all open source packages.)  

I'm just sayin.

Peace

CJ Rhoads

I agree with most said here but still not completly.

If something is free like Prestashop is, it doesnt mean that basic functionalities which are not working or not working properly, this second is even worse if you ask me, should be left alone and no support is given towards fixing them. Creator of any open source or free software is obligated to fix issues which are general and not specific in order to provide fully functional software.

If that is not fullfiled then that software is completly useless if you ask me.

Of course, in this particual case, you should at least be more specific when presenting your problem here in this comunity. 

You first need to help us to understand the problem and see it in all its size and shape and then, we might, just might, be able to help you solve it.

Just my 2 cents

Dean

Just to add that I might had an idea...

It might be that actual theme is in "double" archive meaning its ziped twice.

Maybe you need to unzip the folder with the theme 2 times in order to extract all theme data prior of uploading it to the Prestashop.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Related to complaints...

Anyone know another way to contact the company: ProQuality - prestashop partner agency?
I've been trying to contact them for over 10 days and they never tell me anything again.
The module I bought them, Newsletter Pro, is not working as it should be and I need them to fix it and nobody answers me.

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Before purchasing, you will be charged with 3 months free service and product recovery

After that, we do not receive any support or anything from that :angry:

This is not correct. Please read the terms and conditions here: https://addons.prestashop.com/pdf/terms/170518_CGV_CUSTOMER_ADDONS_EN.pdf

Also it depends if addon you are buying applies to Zen or not.