This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination.

Hello, I am using Presta 1.6.8

I need to add some combinations to products

However, whenever I do this i get the following message.

This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination

See this screenshot here: http://puu.sh/akVWP/efdaee4bc5.jpg

The actual page can be found here:  http://www.warehousedirect.uk.com/bedroom-furniture/6036-ericson-sofa-bed-with-two-cushions-3801533390845.html?search_query=ericson&results=1

The combinations are showing in the product dashboard, but they don't show on the front end.  I have a large catalog of products and need to get this feature working.  I need to get this resolved as a matter of urgency.

Please can anybody help me.

Thanks in advance.

Angelo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Having the same error. It didnt occur a week before but suddenly appearing now. https://gotraditional.in/designer-salwar-suit/223-designer-1508.html

need help asap. Thanks

EDIT: It works after i went to 'combination generator' and changed default quantity. But on product page, 'view large' on picture doesn't work and elevateZoom module doesn't work. Working on other products with no combinations.

EDIT 2: Cannot select second color on product. It only stays on the default color.

Edited by thepsyntist (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Anyone found the cause of this?

I am using the newest version and it occurs whenever I click on "Read reviews" on the product page. The "add to cart" button disappears and instead I get the above error message.

Please anyone help! :(

• Like 1

I have the same error, I do not use any commercial theme, I use default theme. Fresh install, only prestashop bare, no other module.

when I click "Read reviews" it show me this:

This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination.

and payment button disappear!!!

I have the same error, but only in my personal shop which recently was using a third party theme. But now I have switched again to standard bootstrap and found the same error.

I have tested on my server a fresh bare bootstrap installation (1.6.1.4) but I do not see this error, which is different to what lxhost said.

Maybe we ca resume some similiaritys

I am on

Nginx Server

SEO friendly URL activated

Clean Urls Module installed

changed schema of url

Hi lxhost,

hm, I have just installed a fresh bare installation in version 1.6.1.4 and the problem doesn't occur. You can have a look at by yourself

REMOVED

This is Nginx, SEO Url activated and not any other module installed.

This is why I think it must not be a bug of a bare 1.6.1.4.

But I do have the same error on the same server, with the same configuration. The only things that differ are:

- I have some more modules installed and activated.

- The version 1.6.1.4 I am running was updated from 1.6.1.2 I guess, not 1.6.1.4 out of the box

So probably the error is either caused by some differences between updated version and out of the box version, or it is caused by one module...

Edited by dusticelli (see edit history)

After some hours of testing, I finally found out, that the message "This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination"

occurs only to products that do not have combinations by default.

Resume:

klicking on "read Reviews" on the product page of a product without any combinations results the message and hiding add to cart button

klicking on "read Reviews" on the product page of a product that does have combinations works fine!

After some hours of testing, I finally found out, that the message "This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination"

occurs only to products that do not have combinations by default.

Resume:

klicking on "read Reviews" on the product page of a product without any combinations results the message and hiding add to cart button

klicking on "read Reviews" on the product page of a product that does have combinations works fine!

yes, you are right: clicking on "read Reviews" on the product page of a product without any combinations results the message and hiding add to cart button

but product without any combinations can exist, so, this is a bug

YEs, looks like this is a bug.

Anyone an Idea how to fix it? I think this is quite important, as a customer, how might be deeply interested in a product looks to reed some reviews, and after that he might think in this shop actually the product is not availabe!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everybody.

I've a similar issue with a local installation of Prestashop 1.6.1.14.

I tried to make the combinations either manually or through the generator.
In both cases I've checked a default combination.

When I move on the product page and I choose a missing combination, it show the message:

"This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination"

My problem is that, after choosing a missing combination, it isn't possible to pick another one, because the message remains even if a combination exists.
It sounds very strange because the message remain even if I refresh the page with "Ctrl+F5"

Is there someone who could give me some advices, please?