Not updating product price with volume discount changing quantity

Hi all

I am using PS 1.6.0.6 and I have a question, whose answer I can not find anywhere :(

Let's say I have an item, which costs 10$

I have a discount for 1 to 5 units by 10%

From 6 units the item is discounted by 20%

When in product page, if I click the plus and the minus button, to change the quantity, no matter which quantity only the first price is calculated.

For example: 6 items should be sold with a discount by 20% each. But I get 9x6=54, because volume discount is not calculated (it should be 8x6=48).

While in the cart summary everything is correct.

Could you point me to the right direction? I suppose it has to do with product.js... but I can't figure out...

Thanks a lot!

Fabio

• 2 weeks later...

there are 'several' issues in this area resolved, and sorry you are having this issue.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/242-new-prestashop-16/

look  through the pinned topics, I'm sure one of them is related to your issue, look for suggested update of product.js.

tip:  follow  this topic so you get notified when 1.6.0.9 is released.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/343723-testing-only-1609-version/

after release (give it a couple days), you should consider upgrade your  1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.9...note you should follow official ps guides on updating.

1.6 is a big leap from 1.5 so there have been some 'growing' pains.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I am using PS 1.6.0.6 and I have a question, whose answer I can not find anywhere :(

Let's say I have an item, which costs 10$

I have a discount for 1 to 5 units by 10%

From 6 units the item is discounted by 20%

When in product page, if I click the plus and the minus button, to change the quantity, no matter which quantity only the first price is calculated.

For example: 6 items should be sold with a discount by 20% each. But I get 9x6=54, because volume discount is not calculated (it should be 8x6=48).

While in the cart summary everything is correct.

Could you point me to the right direction? I suppose it has to do with product.js... but I can't figure out...

Thanks a lot!

Fabio

I'm on 1.6.0.9 and still have the exact same issue. Did anyone resolve this?

actually there is nothing to solve. 

If you need qty discount you should set a special price and there set from what quantity you apply your discount and how many % or value.

You can add special prices as many as you need. 

The special price is located on the page when you set your product price and then roll down on the same page.

You could also refer to prestashop manual, this one was helpfull for me.

Cheers.

Andy

Edited by AndyCZ (see edit history)

actually there is nothing to solve. 

If you need qty discount you should set a special price and there set from what quantity you apply your discount and how many % or value.

You can add special prices as many as you need. 

The special price is located on the page when you set your product price and then roll down on the same page.

You could also refer to prestashop manual, this one was helpfull for me.

Cheers.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Please read the OP again. The question is not how to set qty discount (specific prices, as you explained).

The issue is that with specific prices set, the displayed product base price does not update dynamically when increasing or decreasing the # of selected items on product page.

So for customers, there is no visual indication about the discount being applied until they get to shopping cart.

FYI, I'm using specific price rules that modify the base price.

Thanks,

Udo

Hi Andy,

Please read the OP again. The question is not how to set qty discount (specific prices, as you explained).

The issue is that with specific prices set, the displayed product base price does not update dynamically when increasing or decreasing the # of selected items on product page.

So for customers, there is no visual indication about the discount being applied until they get to shopping cart.

FYI, I'm using specific price rules that modify the base price.

Thanks,

Udo

Yes Udo,

sorry, I got it. You are right, the price is not updating until you go to the shopping cart.

Apologize for misunderstood.

Regards,

Andy

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...