Top Horizontal Menu JS not working after upgrade to 1.6.0.8

Hello All,

I have been struggling with a very strange issue. After upgrading from PS 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8 on my test domain, the top horizontal menu no longer shows the sub menu on hover:

http://dev.playdateshoppe.com/

Naturally, this seems like the menu js is missing, but viewing the source reveals it's there. I can't figure out why it's not firing.

However.. if I switch to a different theme and then switch back to the same theme, it works again. The only reason this isn't a good solution for me is because I end up with different modules enabled and it doesn't feel like a "clean" solution.

You'll notice the theme is custom. I created it from the 1.6.0.8 Bootstrap default. I only changed some CSS and TPL files.

Here are the steps I completed for the upgrade:

1. Started with PS 1.6.0.6 and custom theme based on 1.6.0.6 Default

2. Ran 1-Click Upgrade

3. Copied new custom theme based on 1.6.0.8 over previous custom theme

Everything seems to be working properly except for the top menu. I have performed the above steps on my dev domain over and over trying to figure this out. At least 10 times, no joke!

Please.. I need a fresh pair of eyes on this.. I'm stumped..

Thanks, Abdul

Vekia, that was it! I saw the error before myself in the browser console, but didn't think it would also break other js.. lesson learned!

Resetting (or disabling) the Quick Search module did the trick. Any idea why this would be necessary? Would would cause a particular module to malfunction after an upgrade, but be fine after resetting?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello All,

I have been struggling with a very strange issue. After upgrading from PS 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8 on my test domain, the top horizontal menu no longer shows the sub menu on hover:

http://dev.playdateshoppe.com/

Naturally, this seems like the menu js is missing, but viewing the source reveals it's there. I can't figure out why it's not firing.

However.. if I switch to a different theme and then switch back to the same theme, it works again. The only reason this isn't a good solution for me is because I end up with different modules enabled and it doesn't feel like a "clean" solution.

You'll notice the theme is custom. I created it from the 1.6.0.8 Bootstrap default. I only changed some CSS and TPL files.

Here are the steps I completed for the upgrade:

1. Started with PS 1.6.0.6 and custom theme based on 1.6.0.6 Default

2. Ran 1-Click Upgrade

3. Copied new custom theme based on 1.6.0.8 over previous custom theme

Everything seems to be working properly except for the top menu. I have performed the above steps on my dev domain over and over trying to figure this out. At least 10 times, no joke!

Please.. I need a fresh pair of eyes on this.. I'm stumped..

Thanks, Abdul

Hello i have that same problem and i can' t fix it. this is my website www.stylejungle.it: as you can see dropdown menu doesn't work ... 

what is the problem? i've read and tried lots of Prestashop forum topic but with no results  :(

thanks in advance!

Alberto

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've made several sites on the same template and on 1 of them I have JS issue with clicking on menu for showing all the menu items in mobile version.

On thew working site I see a click function

function(e) {
  $(this).toggleClass('active').parent().find('ul.menu-content').stop().slideToggle('medium');
  return false;
}

on the other site this function is disappearing